W211 Alloy Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RichardM

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 CLS350 CDI
Fitted the pedals this morning. Very pleased with the results, thanks guys! :bannana:

From this:

pedals.jpg

To this:

newpedal3.jpg

newpedal1.jpg

:cool: And not a single plaster needed!

Last edited:
excellent !

Was it a simple job (straight swap), or did you have to dismantle the gas pedal rubber ?

It was simple enough, just fiddly! I just had to take the split pit out of the top of the gas pedal so it flopped forward then pulled the rubber off and put the new one on. Sounds easy but took quite a while. That is probably easier than changing the whole pedal.

Well done Richard, must order mine.:cool:

Order them now Brian, and some kind person might fit them at the GTG!

Originally posted by RichardM
Order them now Brian, and some kind person might fit them at the GTG!

Richard, thanks but I should be able to manage, only time is a problem.

Can you confirm part numbers please for ours?

Yeah, fit them quick nobody said you could join Jimmy and I's rubber pedal club.

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Yeah, fit them quick nobody said you could join Jimmy and I's rubber pedal club.

Honestly - I'm shocked at you two ! Sort it out quickly ! (Jimmy - I have a spare pair of part worn smelly rubber pedals that will fit your car beautifully when yours wear out completely if you decide to stay with the "OEM" look - will be happy to oblige ;))

Part numbers as follows :-

Gas pedal A 170 300 00 04 £7.19 + VAT
Brake A 170 290 01 82 £6.56 + VAT
Parking brake A 230 430 00 84 £3.51 + VAT

Graham,

I'm intrigued, are you not interested in the alloy pedal mod, or is it a mod that you just haven't got round to doing yet?

S.

Went to order them once but the sales guy was not so helpfull and made me wonder if I had the numbers correct.

I am not so bothered. Perhaps more so with a manual, pedal feel is very important to me and I like the flat surface on the rubber ones.

Plus now it is more eXclusive to have the original rubber ones.

The might weigh more anyway. Don't want that, will slow me down.

Originally posted by RichardM
Part numbers as follows :-

Gas pedal A 170 300 00 04 £7.19 + VAT
Brake A 170 290 01 82 £6.56 + VAT
Parking brake A 230 430 00 84 £3.51 + VAT

Cheers Richard.:bannana:

I am not so bothered.

Excuse me but this is "the MBclub mod" we are talking about is it not mate.:crazy:

Went to order them once but the sales guy was not so helpfull and made me wonder if I had the numbers correct.

I am not so bothered. Perhaps more so with a manual, pedal feel is very important to me and I like the flat surface on the rubber ones.

The might weigh more anyway. Don't want that, will slow me down.

I see where you're coming from Graham.

LOL I think the same way about the Avantgarde grille mod :p You just have to see my sig-pic, my car is the only one with a standard grille :D Actually... one of these days I'll get round to it, if only those OEM grilles weren't so darned expensive.

S.

I like the flat surface on the rubber ones.

...can't say I can tell the difference with the knobbly bits ... if anything the grip is better

ummmmm...... good try! but feeble !

They might weigh more anyway. Don't want that, will slow me down.

OK - you win ! THIS is a major factor !!

Originally posted by Brian WH
Excuse me but this is "the MBclub mod" we are talking about is it not mate.:crazy:

Oh well, nice knowing you guys................see ya.

:D

Sorry but it just doesn't appeal to me:mad: don't know why, I have tried to get the motivation to order them but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Can Graham and me still come to the GTG? Do we have to park in a seperate area?

.....you can park in the same area ... but you'll have to cover your pedals up, I'm afraid.

I'll be in the boring corner with all the silver cars anyway.....

:rolleyes:

tee hee - just wrap your pedals in tin foil when you park up - then all the ones with rubber bits on can marvel at your wonderful shiny pedals - could start a whole new round of mods :)

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom