W211 Aluminium Suspension Arms with Steel/Al Bushes (aftermarket suppliers) ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, (and some Imps)
Can anyone tell me why some of the Aluminium suspension arms have Steel bushes but others have Aluminium bushes for the same arms from aftermarket suppliers?

I've never noticed this before but was looking at some Febi & Borg & Beck parts today where the bushes are Aluminium compared to OEM where they are steel.

I'm assuming the steel are slightly better quality and will last longer as would be expected but wondering if there is anything else to consider?

I just try to always stick with Lemforder/TRW. You can’t go wrong :)

I just try to always stick with Lemforder/TRW. You can’t go wrong :)

If only it were that simple though. ;)

Take the back end of an E55 (211.076), Lemforder & TRW only list the camber control arm and some bushes.
They don't list any of the other 3 arms on the back end (per side) or the lower wishbone (wouldn't expect them to have this one).

Change and do a search of a basic W211 E220 and they list the parts with the caveat, "for vehicles without heavy duty suspension".

So seems an E55 may have the heavy duty suspension so who else does the arms for this?

Anyone able to find any aftermarket suppliers that do the rear arms (W211 E55)?

I would give Meyle a try who also often do heavy duty (HD) versions of various bits.

They also have a really cool iphone app which allows you to to search easily for components.

I would give Meyle a try who also often do heavy duty (HD) versions of various bits.

They also have a really cool iphone app which allows you to to search easily for components.

Just tried Meyle, same story only 2 of the rear camber arms listed, none of the others like elsewhere.

Pat, I had a look on ECP but couldn’t find anything for the back end. Sorry.

Might be worth giving Gav a call, or it may be a Main dealer job

Abs

Just realised I incorrectly posted a pic of the front track control arms.

Maybe just get your existing ones rebushed?

Pat, I had a look on ECP but couldn’t find anything for the back end. Sorry.

Might be worth giving Gav a call, or it may be a Main dealer job

Abs

Will do thanks.

35_037_RearSuspension.jpg

thumb

Febi Kit 24011
Unfortunatly doesn't give me any infomation on what material's are used and only states that it is suitable for application.

Also just incase anyone wasn't aware, Borg and Beck items are Firstline products.

Isn’t everything covered in the 2 pictures attached?

Thanks, almost, the Push Rods are the ones i found.

The Camber Links don't come up wit the MB part number but do if you manually put the car in.
I'll have a further search for these ones now to see what I can find.

Wouldn’t it be easier to go OEM?

That’s what I have done with the majority of my parts, less hassle with fitment and quality I find. I am regular at my local MB parts department, got enough MB invoices to beat these sellers with full MB service history crap :D

SBC pump, starter and alternator I would accept remanufactured Bosch parts from 3rd party suppliers to save some pennies.

Wouldn’t it be easier to go OEM?

It would but wouldn't be easier on my pocket.

I've already spent £900 this week on new Arnott springs so I'm looking at all options. ;)

It's only a possible option for the rebuild of the E55 to replace the 4 arms on the back axle (excluding the double wishbone).

I'm not keen on putting dirty messy parts back on, I like everything nice and shiny/clean and will media blast, paint/lacquer parts where I can.

The option for new OEM arms either side though would be maybe £1,400 which even though I'm mad I'm not quite that mad. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom