W211 AMG - Idler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlexGTR

Car
W211 E55 AMG and Skyline R33 GTR
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can find the part circled in red please?

Possibly A 1132020319, but not 100% sure.

The belt tensioner you're after is:

A1132000070

Or the revised and current version:

A1132000170

A few available on eBay in Germany.

is the tensioner good or only the pulley bearings gone?

you can just replace the pulley if its bearing related by finding one the same size or getting the ASP ones from the US (MSL can supply these)

is the tensioner good or only the pulley bearings gone?

you can just replace the pulley if its bearing related by finding one the same size or getting the ASP ones from the US (MSL can supply these)

It is OK, just a bit rusty, I wanted to replace it. But if i have to replace the whole tensioner i wont bother and will try and clean it up.

MB sell it as one piece

Pretty sure it's a one piece with tensioner but not 100% sure. I can tell you changing the bearing is a pita as it can't be pressed out. The pulley is in two parts riveted together, they need to be drilled and replaced.

I am having mine changed by Wayne Gates now. I brought the Feb Bistien one as mine needed the tension and pulley as it was moving even when the engine was idling. Also having the double idler changed and alternator tensioner and sleeve pulley. Will let you know how I get on but the Mercedes part was very expensive and Terry said he has used the Feb part before so I think it was safe.

Just remembered on another car the tensioner bearing was a little rough. We picked off the bearing covers, cleaned the bearing out and repacked with grease.

Last I heard it was still going okay over 20k miles later.

The belt tensioner you're after is:

A1132000070

Or the revised and current version:

A1132000170

A few available on eBay in Germany.

A bit of thread revival.

Does feb revised have many improvements if any?

My E55 pully it’s slightly noisy and I thought to just replace the pulley but can’t seem to find a part number.

Thanks

A bit of thread revival.

Does feb revised have many improvements if any?

My E55 pully it’s slightly noisy and I thought to just replace the pulley but can’t seem to find a part number.

Thanks
Not overly sure this is of help, but having sold my E55 recently, I have numerous Nachi brand new bearings, which I have not listed for sale in my 'for sale' posts, I am confident that I have the bearing for this pulley, just need to reminded which one it is, any chance you finding the bearing number..?

I wouldn't worry if slightly noisy, you can use your exiting pulley and get the bearing replaced as Ricky has suggested. Might be worth getting one off him and getting a local into to fit it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom