W211 AMG illuminated door sills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mav01987

Car
w211
Hi

Hope everyone is doing well on this chilly weekend.

So I have sourced a set of illuminated W211 AMG door sills and was wondering does anyone know a good company or personnel who can install these front + rear in the London, Greater London area and what would be the average price to instal these?

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, can you let me know where you were able to source the set of illuminated AMG door sills? Are they the OEM ones or aftermarket?

Do it yourself. They don’t require special skills to fit.

Just curious, can you let me know where you were able to source the set of illuminated AMG door sills? Are they the OEM ones or aftermarket?

OEM sourced from eBay second hand, would have paid mb price for brand new ones but they told me the item is no longer manufactured [emoji17]

Do it yourself. They don’t require special skills to fit.

Hi Alex

Yh I tried that today with no instructions, now I have a black with white striped wire wire is silver not copper coming from the sills control module which I have no idea where it plugs into [emoji848]

I have to agree once you strip the boot and see the Sam it’s not too bad to instal took 3 hours.

But now I have illuminated door sills which do not illuminate [emoji17]

Genuine MB w211 AMG sills are wired to the rear SAM unit, so the loom runs from front to rear SAM.

If you dont have the wiring you can cheat and wire up near the Sill.

Genuine MB w211 AMG sills are wired to the rear SAM unit, so the loom runs from front to rear SAM.

If you dont have the wiring you can cheat and wire up near the Sill.

I have the wiring and also the installation instructions ( which helped a lot) but I cant work out where a silver wire goes which comes from the controller, it’s covered in a black & white sleeve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom