W211 amp identification

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brucy

Car
S211 E55
Hi guys,
My amp has died (and I believe was the cause of my current draw previously). I’ve pulled it out today to see if I can source a secondhand replacement but having had a quick look on eBay they all look different to mine. Anyone got any idea what I’ve got? Pulled from an 03 E55 wagon with CD Changer and Nav.
Andy

Attachments

• 374FB6AF-6C75-457D-8CEB-D0DC4BA80C75.jpeg
    374FB6AF-6C75-457D-8CEB-D0DC4BA80C75.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 1EB36A78-404C-4642-89C7-B745D1773150.jpeg
    1EB36A78-404C-4642-89C7-B745D1773150.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 11
Hi
Have you got Code 810? Harman Kardon?
You sure there is no pt no. on it? have a look at this link it shows the location of the pt.no.
Also look for Audio gateway for e class or CLS as they have the same ones as well.
If you want post you're Vin No. I can look at the EPC for you.
But though there will only be one current number there is almost certainly four or five superseded numbers you will be able to look for.

Last edited:
Hi
Have you got Code 810? Harman Kardon?
You sure there is no pt no. on it? have a look at this link it shows the location of the pt.no.
Also look for Audio gateway for e class or CLS as they have the same ones as well.
If you want post you're Vin No. I can look at the EPC for you.
But though there will only be one current number there is almost certainly four or five superseded numbers you will be able to look for.

Thanks, it's an Audio 50 system- don't believe it's HK. There is clearly somewhere on the case where a sticker used to be, but it's long gone now...

I've looked at ones on EBay but they all seem to have plugs on more than one side - all of my cables are coming out of a single side and it has a screw on the back which bolts through the cradle. If you were able to check my VIN its WBD2112762A410079

Hi,
Though I do have the official MB online EPC for some reason it cant raise a data card for you're car, do you happen have a copy of the Data card or Oasis report? theres a code on there that starts with 80? year of manufacture which would be very handy to have if you havent got that what year is the car? Have you got telephone prep? Linguatronic? You day you have Navigation, sat nav dvd disc in the boot?

Thanks for trying! No I haven’t got an Oasis report for it.
It’s an 03 (registered as a 53) and it has got navigation CD in the boot and phone connection/cradle for Nokia handset

B & D round wrong way in the VIN.

Attachments

• WDB2112762A410079.pdf
    310.3 KB · Views: 7
Hi,
Cheers for that, should have seen that my self
The Amplifier current Pt.No. is A 211 870 66 89, previous Pt.No.'s A 211 870 39 89, A 211 870 24 89 & A 211 870 42 42.
You may find these pt.no.s with an additional 80 on the end, these will still be ok, the 80 just indicates it is a re-manufactured unit.

Hi,
Cheers for that, should have seen that my self
The Amplifier current Pt.No. is A 211 870 66 89, previous Pt.No.'s A 211 870 39 89, A 211 870 24 89 & A 211 870 42 42.
You may find these pt.no.s with an additional 80 on the end, these will still be ok, the 80 just indicates it is a re-manufactured unit.
Awesome, thanks for the help. Will have a dig around and see what I can find!

Hey guys, so it dawned on me that what I’d found was the TV tuner rather than the amp. I have got a replacement sorted but can’t find my amp (and feel like an idiot!). Here’s a picture of my cage with the satNav) but the amp isn’t on it - where about’s is it located on the wagon?

Attachments

• AAB388E9-DD4F-47CB-99C4-3228188CED77.jpeg
    AAB388E9-DD4F-47CB-99C4-3228188CED77.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Hi,
It should be just out of shot of that photo to the right, follow those Orange fibre optic cables at least one of them will be going to the amplifier.

Its up above the rear wheel arch. Tucked right up there.

Thanks for the help above, managed to get it swapped this weekend and I now have my stereo back 🥳

Hey Brucy,

Did you tackle it yourself? how do you get the cage out to be able to access the amp. Lastly you have part number at hand of the amp you sourced.

Sorry to hijack your thread but thought i ask as you done the same thing i am looking to do.

Ta

Hey Brucy,

Did you tackle it yourself? how do you get the cage out to be able to access the amp. Lastly you have part number at hand of the amp you sourced.

Sorry to hijack your thread but thought i ask as you done the same thing i am looking to do.

Ta
Hey,
The first cage is held in with a single screw on the left hand side from what I remember. Once that’s been released is should pivot/swing out - pull on the left hand side, you may need to use a bit of force. Once you’ve got that out the way the amp is right at the back against the outer wing, you can only really see the 4 bolt heads.

The part number I got was A2118706689, straight swap with no programming required.

good luck!

Reactions: Amo
Hey,
The first cage is held in with a single screw on the left hand side from what I remember. Once that’s been released is should pivot/swing out - pull on the left hand side, you may need to use a bit of force. Once you’ve got that out the way the amp is right at the back against the outer wing, you can only really see the 4 bolt heads.

The part number I got was A2118706689, straight swap with no programming required.

good luck!
Thanks pal, I realised Andy mentioned few part numbers, I am looking for one of those now.

Did you have to unscrew the Amp from the wing? It seems pretty tight there to get socket sit in.

Thanks pal, I realised Andy mentioned few part numbers, I am looking for one of those now.

Did you have to unscrew the Amp from the wing? It seems pretty tight there to get socket sit in.
Take the 4 nuts off (they’re facing you), you should just about have enough room and flex in the cables to get the amp out before you need to take anything off the it

Hi,
Amo PM sent I believe there is an error in the vin number you sent me, one to many digits.
When replacing the amp/audio gateway be super careful with the orange fibre optic cables if they are bent to much they will snap.

Hi,
Amo PM sent I believe there is an error in the vin number you sent me, one to many digits.
When replacing the amp/audio gateway be super careful with the orange fibre optic cables if they are bent to much they will snap.
Thanks mate, I have replied

Sure will be careful. I cant even see the bolts at the minute. I will look tomorrow a bit more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom