W211 - Anyone know what these plugs are for in boot area?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL03WLY

SUPPORTER
Car
W211 03'
Hello All,

Was removing the tail lights and noticed these 2 plugs behind seat pump, not connected to anything. Any idea's what they are for? The brown one looks like an antenna, thought the radio works fine.

Also anyone able to help me in how to remove the Sat Nav drive? I tried pressing the 2 pinkish tabs either side at the front but no luck.

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2473.jpg
IMG_2471.jpgIMG_2475.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2471.jpg
    IMG_2471.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2473.jpg
    IMG_2473.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 0
Brown is probably Fin tail antenna (GPS /phone)

Did a CD multi changer thingy ever get fitted as options in the boot ?
I have no idea, but I believe this one is for the Sat Nav Disc. I have no need for it as all is on my phone. I believe it may be draning my battery.

Is it this?
That looks like it. Its strange as the Sat Nav and Radio work fine. It does have the old motorola arm rest phone. Maybe it was for that?

Hi
One of those plugs is a MOST plug so what ever module its for it is part of the stereo system/MOST Network, the 4 way connector looks like the tv antennas
The unit you have fitted, sat on top of the Navi Drive is a TV Tuner.
Have you a functional tv tuner? The aerial plug and MOST plug look like they were there from build, probably been disconnected due to a faulty module the fibre optic cables would of been removed from the plug and re-routed to complete the MOST loop so the stereo would carry on working ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom