w211 ashtray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

terry@yarmouth

Car
E280 cdi elegance 7g
just bought e class w211 (non smoking) great , should have looked more closely. as i smoke like a train, very bad habit i know. am wondering if its possible to buy inserts for the coin tray and 12v socket that hides underneath the ashtray cover and back doors? or is it a case of replacing the complete issue ?:confused:

just bought e class w211 (non smoking) great , should have looked more closely. as i smoke like a train, very bad habit i know. am wondering if its possible to buy inserts for the coin tray and 12v socket that hides underneath the ashtray cover and back doors? or is it a case of replacing the complete issue ?:confused:

Ever thought of leaving your car as it is and quitting smoking ??

Yes you can can an ashtray insert but it'll be a bit price to get the lighter to work.

I can't really tell you as the dealer done mine when I bought it but they did say there was some electrical work involved for the lighter

ok thanks for the info, guess its a call to the dealers. get a price. first replies where probably right. quit smoking. i wish !

As far as I can see the ashtray insert is a straight replacement for the rubber mat and will run you about £35-40 depending on how generous the parts guy is feeling. The lighter and socket look like they'll be £25 and £10 respectively and seem to be a straight swap again after removing the unit, can't imagine it would need different wiring, but you might as well stick with a pocket lighter for the hassle and cost.

thanks all for the input, just had a trawl through flea-bay and got the insert for twenty quid, least it will stop all the fag ash on the floor. ha Ha:thumb:

Terry I used to smoke like a train but I never ever used the ashtray. Window down a little and flick it out the window. I never had ash on the floor either. It worked very well but I wouldn't start smoking again just to feel smug about it!!

im a smoker to....:mad:...i never used ashtray makes the car or truck smell ...i use an empty pop can in the drink holder ...then at the end of the day take it out bin it...fresh one next day...works for me :p

ok thanks for the info, guess its a call to the dealers. get a price. first replies where probably right. quit smoking. i wish !

You can quit it takes raw willpower .. You didnt smoke when you came in to the world so why smoke when you leave it.

Ever thought of leaving your car as it is and quitting smoking ??

You can quit it takes raw willpower .. You didnt smoke when you came in to the world so why smoke when you leave it.

The thread title was 'W211 ashtray', just in case you missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom