w211 audio 50 to command

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Well i'm trying to install command on my 11/2002 w211 with HK

Everything seems tobe there, Ive installed the the Nav drive in the boot and connected it all up as it was pre wired.

Then ive moved onto the head unit. Everything works apart from the NAV which says

"Navigation device not there" or words to that effect, On the back of the command it has a Plug socket which i dont have the lead for??? Looks very similar to the plug which go's to the cd changer above the ashtray

15694307.jpg
Audio 50 which is my std unit
239725d1342116842-03-e320-w211-audio-50-comand-swap-454964437_o.jpg

MY command head unit ive no lead for that centre socket? or can i use the plug on the changer??

Any help much apreciated.

That small socket looks like the plug for the fibre optic cable that I have on my HK Audio 20 stack CD unit that is in the glovebox. The orange 2 'core' fibre optic goes from the glovebox all the way back to the HK amp in the boot.

HI Pete, The Fibre optics go in the Right plug along with 2 power leads, It's the centre plug/socket im missing :/

Forgot to say its a NTG 1, im trying to install if that helps anyone.

You'd probably be better asking Richard, sure he will know exactly what you need.

The cable from your audio-50 shoiuld plug straight in to the NTG1 comand screen. The small socket you see in the middle of the back of the screen is the AUX. You dont need this unless you want to run an AUX input.

If your system cant see the navigation drive then make sure its on the fibre ring and has power and wake up. It should just work, provided there is a navigation disk in the drive. for completeness you should get the system coded properly.

The cable from your audio-50 shoiuld plug straight in to the NTG1 comand screen. The small socket you see in the middle of the back of the screen is the AUX. You dont need this unless you want to run an AUX input.

If your system cant see the navigation drive then make sure its on the fibre ring and has power and wake up. It should just work, provided there is a navigation disk in the drive. for completeness you should get the system coded properly.

YOU sir are a Super star!! Thankyou

Ok small update, With help from a friend as a second pair of eyes is always better than 1, We fitted the Command unit, Everything still working all the functions appear on the instrument cluster etc etc.
BUT....... We are still getting the "Navigation device unavailable" Error message.

We have check the Nav drive in the boot, took the fuse out and checked etc, The unit powers up when the disc is inserted but the drive seems togo to sleep once its read the disc. It will only light up if the eject button is pressed. At all other times it seems to have no power.

I think in the accident the drive must have been damaged, So we are going to try a KNOWN good drive just for testing and see what happens.

I'm getting a Consumables error / switched off message as well but i think this is down to me not driving the car for a few wks and have been in and out of it causing the battery to get low. We left the car running for abit and no more error's so time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom