w211 audio gateway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ritchie C

Iv`e got mno power to my command unit or 6 cd player. i have no red light from the optical cable to either radio or cd, i have power to the audio gateway so i guess its the audio gateway that needs replacing.
If i replace this will i need to get it set up by MB or will it boot up itself. Tried as recommended disconnecting the battery for 15 mins but no good. Any suggestions would be grateful.

If you do not have any power to your Comand, you would not have it by swapping a new AGW in.

Have you checked the fuse behind Comand (and the power connectors) and the fuse for Comand at the fuse box?

I have taken the comand unit out from the dash and there is no fuse on the unit or near by. It only has the optical lead from the comand and a optical lead from the 6 cd player. I have found the AGW in the boot, all the plugs and leads are in properly and i have checked the power supply lead and there is power up to the AGW but nothing from the optical lead up to the comand unit or cd.

I have taken the comand unit out from the dash and there is no fuse on the unit or near by. It only has the optical lead from the comand and a optical lead from the 6 cd player. I have found the AGW in the boot, all the plugs and leads are in properly and i have checked the power supply lead and there is power up to the AGW but nothing from the optical lead up to the comand unit or cd.

Check the fuse for Comand/AGW.

Check the fuse for Comand/AGW.

I thought the OP confirmed fuses being OK but now that I read the messages again, he did not. :doh:

It would be good to know if the car has other MOST equipment between the AGW and the head unit (I cannot remember the order if one could be there) and to check if the AGW output emits light (obviously only if the AGW fuse is OK).

Sorry Diesel Benz had mentioned fuses in another post. No there is no other equipment between AGW and Comand unit.

Last edited:
Hi Alfie, can you tell me where the fuse for the Comand/AGW is as i can`t find one . The only fuses i have found are in the boot and in the dash just inside the drivers door. Both fuses are ok

Hi Alfie, can you tell me where the fuse for the Comand/AGW is as i can`t find one . The only fuses i have found are in the boot and in the dash just inside the drivers door. Both fuses are ok

There should be a fuse map tucked inside one of the fuse boxes, usually the one byt the side of the dash on the drivers side.

In case you don't find the fuse diagram, the AGW fuse would be #6 at the trunk fuse box. Fuse #28 at the interior compartment, driver's side fuse box would be for Comand.

thanks Alfie for that but already checked these fuses and beginning to suspect a new expensive comand unit is needed. many thanks for all your help.

thanks Deisel Benz for all your help but beginning to suspect a new very expensive comand unit is needed. many thanks fore all your help.

Last edited:
To upgrade Audio-50-APS to NTG1 DVD , you need to COMAND Navigation processorBoot carpet and bracket if the wrong boot carpet is installed,the right boot carpet has a flip open door about 8" x 8" and is flat,Navigation processor wiring loom & fibre loom, although on some cars that is there already and just needs connectingand GPS antenna re-plugging and a fibre connection done in rear left hand side wiring duct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom