W211 Ball Joint press

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevlaar

Car
'04 W211 E220 Cdi
Hi all,

I'm after a ball joint pressing tool, ideal for removing and installing the lower ball joints on my W211 04 E Class.

Anyone have a good used one lying around?

Is it for control arms? Don't the new parts come with the ball joints pressed in? If that's the case, I'd remove the old one with a fork and lump hammer or a strong puller or any ball joint separator. Plenty on eBay and very affordable.

Whenever I needed to use a Ball Joint Press, I couldn't fit one in the space available.

Is it for control arms? Don't the new parts come with the ball joints pressed in? If that's the case, I'd remove the old one with a fork and lump hammer or a strong puller or any ball joint separator. Plenty on eBay and very affordable.

Whenever I needed to use a Ball Joint Press, I couldn't fit one in the space available.

Hi Alx, nope it's for the type of ball joint pictured below.

I bought a ball joint separator needed for the control arm the other day, however i'm unsure on the "press" sizes needed for the w211 ball joints.

186925d1278967231-diy-replacing-lower-ball-joint-w211-28.jpg

You can buy a ball joint kit. It will come with various cups that may fit the space available. Mine didn't.

I'd get a cold chisel out and start whacking... ;)

You can buy a ball joint kit. It will come with various cups that may fit the space available. Mine didn't.

I'd get a cold chisel out and start whacking... ;)

Yep there was a guy selling a press kit on here not too long ago, after the same thing, will probably just end up buying a cheap ebay kit and then kick myself when it doesn't fit :wallbash:

Oh and I also tried the chisel/hammer route with the control arm ball joint, before getting the separator tool, it didn't go well :D

Where are you?

If your local I could lend mine out

Hey dpbayly, I'm based in Basingstoke, your profile says you're in Herts, which might be a little far away. Thanks for the offer though! I'm gonna just order one off eBay now I think. Will no doubt come in handy again!

That's the one I got,lots of threads on here on how to do it. Don't forget the extra's, breaker bar extension pipe to go over the breaker bar and plenty of muscle. Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom