W211 ball joints

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tazzo

Car
E280CDI
I've got the same issue, I'm in Luton atm, but booked my car at Waynes Gates (in Harrow, not too far and has a good reputation on this forum) for the lower ball joint, for £156, parts/labour.

Hey Benz. You say parts and labour so I presume that means the ball joints and labour? That’s actually not too bad when you consider other retailers charge £20-50 per ball joint. It would cost me over £100 for all the bits and pieces to get the job done if I dared to do the job myself.
When are you getting your job done? Let me know the experience / contact recommendation and I’ll get mine booked in with them. Thanks

Hey, yeah the lower ball joint and labour is that price for £156. I normally do car maintenance myself, but I decided I couldn't be bothered this time, also I detest working without a ramp lol. Getting it done at Waynes Gates in Harrow on Friday, I'll let you know how it goes on Friday evening.

That’s great mate. Hope it goes well. I was speaking to somebody else about the squeak and they say it might be the droplinks. I might get a pair just in case!

Hey Tazzo, I'm not going in to get it replaced tomorrow, I was replacing another part on my car, but as I was putting it back together, I guess due to the plastic becoming brittle, it broke, so can't drive the car until I source a part :(

Get hold of a 2ml syringe and a needle and inject 1ml of atf in through the top of the rubber. Squeak should go for a long while.

Yeah. I saw that post and pictures. Unlucky mate. I think I might/ should be doing something similar on my car just like you’re doing. I’ll try and post up when I get the pictures

Hey onefortheroad. I’ve seen that mentioned in various places. I don’t have any atf lying around but if I did I’d probably would have done that.

Just as an update. I got someone local to replace both lower ball joints. £80. And the creak has gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom