w211 blower motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayvo

Car
E320 CDI
I hope this is the right place for this post, if not, I apologise
sometimes at completely random times the blower motor will stop working, no matter the settings of the climate control, no air at all will blow out of the vents and it just seems completely dead, but then after a while it'll work perfectly with no problems at all or any weird noises.. would this be the blower motor resistor or is there something else I should check?

it doesn't seem to happen under certain conditions, it seems like its just completely randomly, so is it maybe just the resistor on the blower motor then? and is it worth buying the resistor on its own or should I just get a whole new unit including the blower motor and the resistor

it doesn't seem to happen under certain conditions, it seems like its just completely randomly, so is it maybe just the resistor on the blower motor then? and is it worth buying the resistor on its own or should I just get a whole new unit including the blower motor and the resistor
I'd be tempted to replace the resistor only and see if that solves the problem. It's a bit of a gamble replacing with the cheap Chinese ones, they don't seem to work as well/last.

I'd be tempted to replace the resistor only and see if that solves the problem. It's a bit of a gamble replacing with the cheap Chinese ones, they don't seem to work as well/last.
yeah, atm it doesn't happen TOO often, if it starts getting worse I'll buy a new resistor and hopefully that'll fix the problem

I bought an oem blower and resistor, as the blower along with it wasn't too much of a pride difference and mine would occasionally make a small chirping noise for small amounts of time.. do you know if the blower motor on the w211 is same across all the engines and different options (like 2 zone and 4 zone and the ones with charcoal filters etc)?

I bought an oem blower and resistor, as the blower along with it wasn't too much of a pride difference and mine would occasionally make a small chirping noise for small amounts of time.. do you know if the blower motor on the w211 is same across all the engines and different options (like 2 zone and 4 zone and the ones with charcoal filters etc)?
You'd have to have a look at a website like 7Zap Mercedes CHASSIS EUROPA to see if different blower motors are listed.

You'd have to have a look at a website like 7Zap Mercedes CHASSIS EUROPA to see if different blower motors are listed.
I checked on there and it had 5 different part numbers for the blower motor.. how do I know which I need and what the difference between them is?

The only way to verify is by buying from an MB parts department who will able to specify the exact ones you need from the reg and vin number. Alternatively take the old ones out and compare the numbers printed on them with the replacements you bought.

The only way to verify is by buying from an MB parts department who will able to specify the exact ones you need from the reg and vin number. Alternatively take the old ones out and compare the numbers printed on them with the replacements you bought.
just thought id let you know that i ended up ordering a new blower motor with the resistor, and it arrived this morning.. ive swapped out the parts from the old one to the new one and all seems good so far, ill keep u guys updated on whether it fixed the problem but fingers crossed it has, thanks for all the help, i appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom