W211 Bluetooth Microphone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peckerpecks

I have an aps50 with no phone prep. Just upgraded to NTG2.5 purchased the conversion cable for AGW in the boot. However kit came with Bluetooth microphone. I have panoramic roof in mine. Does anybody know how to find out if I already have a microphone installed? I have rear view mirror and it has 4 vents undeneath next to map lights. Is this a microphone? I contacted guy who I bought lead off and he says the lead that came with it is just a self adhesive microphone that sticks to the trim. I would like a proper integrated one like the factory fit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dan

I used a 2012 mic in my vito instead of the universal thing and it's like night and day, so much better.
You could use the same type but it only has a short wire, it clips into the over head light cover where you see a small grill.

Not if you want a good mic.

oh right, im a bit confused then. I dont have any phone pre wiring you see and I have just bought an NTG 2.5 head unit and conversion cable to convert from ApS 50 to ntg 2.5. The cable has a Bluetooth antenna and mic on it which is wired into the multi plug. How would I tell if I have any provision for mic. (there are 4 grills under rear view mirror by reading lights) and can I buy a Mercedes mic then to go into here?

I would think so yes, finding the part number is a different story.
Can you take a picture of it?
My new mic like I say, just had short wires and you would have to cut the wire and fit a plug or join them.
I went months with the mic like the one you have and no one could here me.
The one I have now is designed to work with NTG 2.5 and have to turn down the volume.

Note this is for a Vito but with that part number it will fit other Mercedes A001 820 45 35

Last edited:
Trying to find a wiring diagram for the light cluster / microphone unit is impossible it seems. The two small round silver holes with the grills over them are alarm motion sensors I assume? So where is the microphone opening or grill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom