W211 boot leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It'll not be filling up inside the boot then running into the front buddy . The boot would be soaking if it were the case. Pour boiling water down the front drains and look for water n steam running from the wheel arches underneath. đź‘Ť

Ah this sounds like a good idea. I will give it a go, also I did forget to mention but there is still water collecting in the boot. I put a towel below the boot lock trim to absorb some of it. bare in mind I changed all the seals and trims around the boot area 2 years ago (did a write up -> W211 Boot water leak fixed | Bodywork). Also changed tail light gaskets and boot brake light using some sealant too. Also changed both vents on either side of boot but still water getting in. Will probably renew the gaskets again and probably add some more sealant liberally.

Thanks all for your responses. much appreciated

Ah this sounds like a good idea. I will give it a go, also I did forget to mention but there is still water collecting in the boot. I put a towel below the boot lock trim to absorb some of it. bare in mind I changed all the seals and trims around the boot area 2 years ago (did a write up -> W211 Boot water leak fixed | Bodywork). Also changed tail light gaskets and boot brake light using some sealant too. Also changed both vents on either side of boot but still water getting in. Will probably renew the gaskets again and probably add some more sealant liberally.

Thanks all for your responses. much appreciated
Did you remove the plastic number plate surround also ? There's about 12 to 15 holes behind there to plug .

So it's finally been resolved now.

It was indeed the rubber boot seal. This time I took off all the silicone grease and sealant. Brake Cleaned, sanded down, rust converter, etch primer and paint to match. The installed it dry. No more water going in. After a few days I also adjust the boot buffer stops as per WIS, where you apply chalk onto the buffer ends and when it leaves a print on the body side all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom