w211 boot problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

parkscon

Car
mercedes 320 cdi avengard
Hi I have a 2004 w211 e320 cdi don't know if anyone else has had this problem but my key fob remote which opens the boot seems far too sensitive I only have my keys in my pocket and the boot lid opens its very common to look out and find the boot lid has been open all night does anyone know if this option can be disabled?.
Kevin.

I wonder if you have a worn key button, so that it is too easy to press ?

Have you tried comparing with the other key ?

Thanks

Richard

Perhaps the plastic button on the remote may be damaged in some way and is pressing on the micro switch underneath it?
To avoid this problem, you can lock the boot seperatley with the metal key blade, this will stop the boot being opened by the remote fob or by the switch inside the car… see User Manual.

Dec

Perhaps it's not the key at all.

Carefully make sure it isn't getting pressed and see if it happens. It has before and there are posts about this on this or other forums (sic).

thanks guys for your answers last year I lost my old key fob and this is a brand new replacement thanks dec I didn't know I could dead lock the boot with my key will try that tomorrow thankyou

Locking with key blade is just a temporary solution, you should really get to the bottom of why this accidental unlocking is happening.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom