W211: Can I leave the windows down without the alarm going off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keiron99

Car
E220 W211 Exec SE
The plasti-leather seats are proving very uncomfortable in this heat wave. They just don't cool down.

Anyways, to try to alleviate this, can I leave the windows down while it sits in the office car park without fear of the alarm going off?

As far as I am aware you would need to lock drivers door with the "skeleton" key and manually lock all the other doors.

Set me thinking...... Or can you press one of the buttons on the overhead console? Hmmmmmm. Must RTFM tonight :dk:

There should be a button to disable interior alarm sensor. Check your user manual.

What year 211? 2003 car has button on right of rear view mirror console for disable internal alarm. Handy for leaving mutt inside for a few minutes shopping. :D

You will fill the interior with dust and pollen though, just look at the crap that's all over your paintwork.

Thanks all. I only asked because I wanted to nip out and open the windows, and I didn't have the manual in the car (I do now!)

There is indeed a button, amongst a plethora of buttons, on the overhead console, which disables the interior alarm so you can leave windows down and pets in side. However, they are not clearly marked, and in bright sunlight you cannot see the LED lights on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom