• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W211 - Cancellation of "Service Due" messages

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, ML63, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
My '03 55k is now showing the B Service Overdue messages, including requesting confirmation of an emissions check and the service having been performed. Is it possible to reset the system with the car's own menus (or indeed a generic OBD reader - guess what I got for Christmas? More anon - I've no idea how to use it...), or do I have to have it done with a STAR?

My '03 55k is now showing the B Service Overdue messages, including requesting confirmation of an emissions check and the service having been performed. Is it possible to reset the system with the car's own menus (or indeed a generic OBD reader - guess what I got for Christmas? More anon - I've no idea how to use it...), or do I have to have it

You should be able to reset the service confirmation via the dash cluster via the secret menus I was able to do this on my w211 2006

Great, thank you. Do you know how I access the menu I need, though? I can't find any reference to it in the driver's info pack.

To access the secret menu have your key turned to pos 1 and press the reset button 3 times you will then see the battery voltage displayed in the middle of speedo dial, then using steering wheel buttons use them to access the sub menus I will try and find a vid and post u a link

Much better on video than in text.

Dec

You should be able to reset the service confirmation via the dash cluster via the secret menus I was able to do this on my w211 2006

Great, thank you. Do you know how I access the menu I need, though? I can't find any reference to it in the driver's info pack.

Was that intentional? :D

Was that intentional? :D

No, I don't think so, just German logic. I found it eventually under "Operation".

It didn't work, though, and the manual wording implies that once the service due date/mileage is passed, you cannot reset it yourself. I'll take a look at Vilus's post now to see if it helps.

Note that the very early 211-models had a different approach from the later W211 models. If you can find two different instructions, one of those should work (unless the passed date prevents resetting).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom