W211 cant work out the heater conrols

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sean1

Car
E280 CDI
This is the first time I've had to use my heater since getting the car last spring, the other day I drove around 40 mile and it was still blowing cold even when i increased the temp to 26, had a little fiddle about with the 12 point control dial, (why on earth did MB make it so complicated) and no ive got hot air blowing so very happy but what I cant understand is how its blowing so hot just after driving 100 yards?
I was very surprised to have heat when the engine is still cold.

211s with thermotronic heating spec come with the heater booster element in the coolant system. Lift the bonnet and you'll see the element in the coolant top up tank. It's a brilliant thing !

my 2004 w211 has it , god send in the winter.

Thanks. I dont suppose you know what the 12 point settings are do you ?

what year is yours ?

its a 2005 e280

what do you mean by 12 point settings , the temperature dials are easy to understand ,an air con on/off button, you then have 2 directional buttons that move air to feet,face,windscreen etc etc , then 2 buttons for fan speed, a button for auto ( which is for climate control ) a recirc button to recycle air from cabin , then a rest button which works a small fan to keep car warm when you pop into a shop etc ... hth ...

The button for the direction control has 12 settings (the one controlled by the mode button) not just your usual feet, body, head and windscreen. Yes all the other buttons are more or less the same as any other car,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom