W211 "Cigar Lighter" Fuse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickgee

Car
W211 E320 CDi
Hi

It's a bit embarrasing really, but I need help to locate and change a fuse :eek: !

The front "cigar lighter" fuse popped a few days ago when an adaptor I was inserting fell apart. Big spark. Then nothing. The adaptor is now okay, and I know it's the cigar lighter that's blown by checking that the rear seat socket is fine.

So, should be pretty easy to sort out I thought!

Open up the manual. Seems like there are three fuse boxes - one in the boot, one in the cabin, and one in the engine. And, for the life of me I can't find the one in the cabin! :eek:

According to the manual, it's located in one of the side panels of the dash, but neither side seems to want to pop out, and I don't want to break something trying to force the issue.

I'm putting this down to the fact that it's really cold outside, and raining/snowing! Not my terminal stupidity.

Can someone please help me find the damn fuse box I need, and tell me how to get into it????

Thanks

It is indeed behind the "end panel" of the dashboard. If you open the door you will see that there is a small slot for levering it out with the flat of a screwdriver blade.

Satch said:
It is indeed behind the "end panel" of the dashboard. If you open the door you will see that there is a small slot for levering it out with the flat of a screwdriver blade.

Passenger Side mate. ;)

Thanks Guys. I'm feeling brave so I'll head out and start prising bits of the side of the dash!!!!

:D

Hi, so does anybody know where the actual fuse for the cigarette lighter, I need to replace the one in my car as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom