W211 cigar lighter not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

connashio1

Car
W211 320CDI estate
Hi all,

The front cigar lighter in my 2003 W211 has no power when tested with a DVM. I have checked fuse 54 in the fuse box under the bonnet and it is good. Double checked by swapping it for 53 which is for the horn, horn works, still no power at the lighter. The rear lighter and luggage area both work and I proved my DVM by measuring 12 volts on their wiring. Was wondering in anybody has had the same problem and knows if there is another connector hidden deep behind the dashboard?

Cheers, Paul

Paul, thats interesting. Same problem on my 2005 model. Front and back. Back one worked for a while when I changed the fuse but then stopped.
Like you say, fuses ok, wouldn't have thought the circuit would be complicated.
C'mon guys, give us a clue.

Check the continuity of the wiring to the socket. Work back until you find a voltage.

Has fuse 54 got 2 locations ?

Has fuse 54 got 2 locations ?
Fuse 54 on my 211 does indeed have 2 positions. One for switched and the other for permanent supply. Strange fault this, my rear sockets both worked ok but changing the fuse did restore the front socket.

I agree that's the way to go, but I Don't have the inclination to dismantle the car for two wires.
Have you checked the wiring behind the socket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom