W211 Climate Control - constantly blowing cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigjim

Hi

Any suggestions as to why the climate control in my E55 is permanently chucking out cold air even when I select Hi on the control?

Thanks in advance

Jim :thumb:

It is probably the heater exchange shut-of motor . The will be 2 of these if the car has four zone heaters , and 2 if the car has standard heaters .
There located in the engine bay behind the SBC pump , and veryhard to access . The part is not expensive , though labour cost is high as theres a lot of stripping to access and change it

Just a thought, with current temperatures being high ish, would only the aircon be working as the temperature inside the car could be higher than any setting on the climate control. May be worth trying at night.

The labour time is only 1.6 hours. I think it will be the heater valve.

Thanks Chaps, quick update, I checked last night during cooler temps and the damn thing was still blowing freezing cold.

When I started the car this morning it appeared to be working normally and was absolutely fine all journey - so i guess something is sticking.

I'll wait for it to happen again and scream down to MB Cribbs to plug it into STAR.

Many thanks

The Star wont often give you a fault code for this fault. It actually tells you bugger all about this heater motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom