W211 Comand confusing symbols

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigDoug

Car
E320
2005 E320 W211 with Comand system. From time to time, on the map/nav display, there's a seemingly endless line of little car symbols shown on one side or other of the road I'm travelling. Looks rather like a zip fastener. Does anyone have any idea what this means ?
There are other symbols that are occasionally shown, some of which I don't recognise. Is there anywhere that shows me what all the various Comand map symbols are and what they mean ?

The car symbols you mentioned are showing congestion. Unfortunately, it's pretty useless in my experience.
I believe the info on congestion is drawn from radio and can be totally wrong.
I've been stuck in huge jams and nothing is showing, whereas the roads been clear and its showing major traffic holdup.
Take it with a pinch of salt

2005 E320 W211 with Comand system. From time to time, on the map/nav display, there's a seemingly endless line of little car symbols shown on one side or other of the road I'm travelling. Looks rather like a zip fastener. Does anyone have any idea what this means ?
There are other symbols that are occasionally shown, some of which I don't recognise. Is there anywhere that shows me what all the various Comand map symbols are and what they mean ?

Its traffic congestion. Yellow symbols slow moving, red is stationary. It can be wrong and take a while to update but in my experience its pretty good.

The other symbols can be selected/de selected by pressing the 'soft' buttons on the side of the screen and selecting MAP. thenselecting symbols personal selection. You can select cashpoints, hospitals, railways stations, car parks etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom