W211 COMAND DVD tray unit dead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

named

Car
W211
Hey!

2003 w211. Has anyone tried to repair the main DVD tray unit on their COMAND? It's not working for me, the mechanical side is not working at all (not making any noise), whether you try to insert disk, push the eject button, etc. Cd changer is working and everything else too, but the main tray is dead. So i guess this part is boinkers at least. Has anyone managed to revive it, and be kind enough to share what to look for exactly when opening it up? Thanks!

This in the boot ?

Nah, the one in front.
ts2FXlF.jpg

Is there a disc lodged in the drive unit? If so, it can be freed off by pressing the Eject button and giving the unit a firm whack with your hand. Do you have kids? have they "fed" the command slot with a coin or something? Other than that, I am sure there is on Youtube a guide for removing the Command unit.

Steve.

Is there a disc lodged in the drive unit? If so, it can be freed off by pressing the Eject button and giving the unit a firm whack with your hand. Do you have kids? have they "fed" the command slot with a coin or something? Other than that, I am sure there is on Youtube a guide for removing the Command unit.

Steve.
Nah, no disc in it. The mechanism is not working at all - it doesn't make any sound whatsoever, whether you try to "insert" disc, try ti push the Eject button, etc.
Yes, i have seen one video on youtube, and it's normal for the optical drive to die off after 20 years or so. Many mechanical parts in there. But i don't want to touch it myself, maybe i will break something else too. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom