w211 comand model 6061 and model 7039

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
KosherBenz said:
Whats makes them diffrent?

There are 3 types of DVD COMAND.

1. USA
2. Euro no TV
3. Euro with TV

No idea what the model numbers mean. Only know part numbers.

Evan,

I think the numbers you refer to are the manufacturers (BECKER) part number: 7039 is a unit without the video interface and 6061 has the video capability.

I believe from MY 2005 the codes changed to 7023 and 7024

Last edited:
shown in this pic, what are the two addional connectors? (one is the TV input, but whats the other for?)

w211comand04.jpg

Evan,

I think the LH unit is a Euro spec - the small round connector is for an analogue TV tuner and the multipin plug couldi be for the optional rear TV screen. The RH unit must be a USA spec unit where there is no "video" option.

steve.link said:
Evan,

I think the LH unit is a Euro spec - the small round connector is for an analogue TV tuner and the multipin plug couldi be for the optional rear TV screen. The RH unit must be a USA spec unit where there is no "video" option.
Steve, not all Euro ones have the extra plugs on the back, as my current Euro one is the 7039 and does not have the plugs.

not sure if I am gonna swap to the 6160 so I can get a TV tuner.

Last edited:
Evan,

Apparantly some Euro spec units did not have the Video (TV) option and these had a BECKER part number BE 7039.

My unit is the same as the LH picture and I have a TV tuner fitted. I don't have the tool to remove the unit at present so I can't check the number.

The green FAKRA connector is the video input

I'm 99% sure the 25 way D-Type is for the rear screen

The other 2 connectors are AUX input, and MOST/Power/Wakeup

It seems that the S(220)/CL(215)/SL(230) have units made by Siemens, and I think most (possibly all) of the E/CLS class USA units are Siemens - but the European E/CLS ones are all Becker.
- I think that all the A/B/C/CLK/ML/GL/R/Smart-for-four units are made by Becker - This "knowledge" is gathered from looking at the update disks and units on ebay etc - so may be flawed :)

Richard

The EURO spec COMAND APS unit (Model No.: 6061) has 4 connectors on the back:
1 - Green FAKRA - Video Input - Connector for the TV tuner (FBAS)
2 - 25-way D-Type - Rear Screen - Connector for rear entertainment
3 - 3 Way - AUX audio input - AUX socket in glove box
4 - Multiway - Power, Ground, Wakeup & MOST fibre plug - Connector MOST / voltage supply

Connector 2:
1 Ubat+ (circuit 30)
3 AUDIO R
4 AUDIO L
6 CAN Low
7 CAN High
8 CVBS (FBAS)
14 Circuit 31
15 AUDIO screening
16 AUDIO ground
20 AUDIO GND CYBS (FBAS) ground
** All other pins are not assigned