W211 Comand with integrated Bluetooth???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

masterross

Car
E320 Avangarde
Hi guys,

I recently bought E320 with Comand with integrated Bluetooth but I cant handle it :(
Can anyone help me?

Here are the pics of Comand:
16032009014.jpg

16032009015.jpg

16032009016.jpg

And the past part:
16032009020.jpg

16032009021.jpg

16032009022.jpg

16032009023.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Can you explain what are you trying to accomplish with the set-up?

If you want to place calls, you would have to insert the SIM card to the slot you've found. This handset works over BT to Comand (actually via the phone kit), it is like a BT headset.

If your intention is to make calls from another phone (over BT), this would not be supported by your Comand, it does not have the BT HF profile. Actually I'm don't know a way to use a BT HF adapter in this car as it does not have UHI, nor the older Nokia 61XX interface.

By the way, the handset you have is the same I have for the rear seat in my W221.

Hi Diesel,

Actually I want to connect another phone over BT but probably it's not possible.
But then the question is why is needed BT menu in the command when it connects with own handset only?

Hi Diesel,

Actually I want to connect another phone over BT but probably it's not possible.
But then the question is why is needed BT menu in the command when it connects with own handset only?

The BT menu is needed if you want to pair a BT headset (not that important for your set-up when you can lift the handset for privacy) or if you want to pair any device you want to send phone book entries from.

I understand if you expected more, most do but this is about all the Comand BT does.

Thx for the help mate!
I've googled and found this:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220381332925

Maybe this is what I need?

In other hand maybe I have already this SAP integrated?

Honestly I've never seen a car with that phone option you have. But it must be a full phone kit and then you would not have the UHI wiring, control box and connector that would allow this BT adapter attached to your car.

It would be interesting to see from your VIN which parts are already common with the UHI option, microphone, antenna, antenna compensator at least must be reusable. But I would be surprised if you had any other way to use that BT adapter except installing the MOST kit like from the link I posted earlier. Your current phone kit does not support BT SAP, that is a very recent option from MB and never native in the car but only through this adapter (actually different BT SAP adapter options exist).

YEs you need the SAP module to have bluetooth connectivity. The SAP module, only works with limited handsets.

YEs you need the SAP module to have bluetooth connectivity. The SAP module, only works with limited handsets.

But I guess you agree that in addition to the BT SAP adapter, the car should have the UHI connector (and everything that is needed behind that).

BT HF adapter would work from the UHI connector and works with all phones. Pros and cons have been discussed on older threads already.

well u can consider an extra bluetooth module if you have the required pre-wiring for telephone. however, that SAP module, dont even bother mate. i bought one for my E class, waste of time. i havent found a phone that pairs with it.

good luck

G

(ps, the SAP also has a sim card port on it, so u might aswell use what module u already have)

well u can consider an extra bluetooth module if you have the required pre-wiring for telephone. however, that SAP module, dont even bother mate. i bought one for my E class, waste of time. i havent found a phone that pairs with it.

good luck

G

(ps, the SAP also has a sim card port on it, so u might aswell use what module u already have)

Just about any Nokia model would support BT SAP. Some later Windows Mobile devices support SAP. Blacberry is also supposed to support SAP, some report it works with the Nokia 616 BT SAP car kit but for some reason it does not seem to work with the MB kit.

I'd suggest asking how to use your adapter on a separate thread instead of giving the view that the adapter would not work (you probably did not mean it but someone could have understood it so).

Honestly I've never seen a car with that phone option you have. But it must be a full phone kit and then you would not have the UHI wiring, control box and connector that would allow this BT adapter attached to your car.

It would be interesting to see from your VIN which parts are already common with the UHI option, microphone, antenna, antenna compensator at least must be reusable. But I would be surprised if you had any other way to use that BT adapter except installing the MOST kit like from the link I posted earlier. Your current phone kit does not support BT SAP, that is a very recent option from MB and never native in the car but only through this adapter (actually different BT SAP adapter options exist).

Here is my VIN:
WDB2110261A537675

I really need bluetooth connection to my phone 'cause I dont want to use other SIM in the car.

I had a quick look at this car, it does not seem to have the antenna compensator that would be part of the UHI kit but I don't consider it necessary either unless one was using UMTS only or GSM 1800 only networks.

The wiring harness from the handset seems different from that of UHI but it could still be reusable.

To gain OEM BT, the UHI kit with the phone control unit and the UHI connector and centre armrest parts would be needed. Most of the rest should already appear in the car. Still not exactly a simple task.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom