w211 Command says AMG and sticks there!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dvb247

Car
AMG e55
Occasionally when I start my car the AMG screen comes on and just sticks there, which means I have on radio, satnav, phone, nothing??

What tends to happen is the problem will remain for 30mins to an hour then just start on its own, or if I'm on short journeys the problem will last for thoughs short journeys, then it goes back to normal for a month or so.

I have reported the problem to MB dealer but its impossible to get to the dealers with the satnav stuck as it only happens once a month.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

The fault occurs generally when there is a fault in the optical ring. Everything on the telematic system is connected in series so if on componant fails then they all go down. The usual units to fail are the telephone units and the cd changers. It should store a fault code if this happens. There is a joining piece avalible to connect the optical ring together to cut a unit out of the system, restoring function to the other units. You could for instance bridge the telephone unit out and run the car. You would lose the phone but if that was the problem then the rest of the system would work. Its a bit hit or miss but very intemittant faults some times need a bit of time to fix.

Thank you for the excellent explanation tho Alibally, cheers, that doesnt sound like a big issue to sort out, it's possibly the Viscoo bluetooth or the iPod Merc device needs re-seating or something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom