W211 cornering light malfunction?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSB SL AMG

MB Enthusiast
Car
300SL (R129 1992 pre-facelift), Volvo V70 SE D5 Auto Geartronic
Hi All,

W211 (E55) 2004 NSF Malfunction cornering light alert on dash, car has bi-zenon, is it possible to de-activate via star?

Thanks for info.

Cheers,
David.

Yes, but I doubt the original malfunction will trigger some another fault code???? On the other hand you'll find out whats wrong when you plug the star.

you have the active lights which is a good option, mine has the same error! I have managed to source the bits to fix but its a bumper off and light pull apart job

only easy way of fixing is via replacing the light, you will find one of the lights will be pointing left or right. The motors pack up and the whole motor assmbly can be replaced if you can get a donor light.

wasn't cornering/active lights standard on 211/219 AMGs?

hey Sean,

defo an option (and rare at that) on the w211, often referred to as curve light where the headlight aim turns when you turn round corners and not the fog lights that come on when turning.

My CLS has them .. don't remember seeing it listed as an option.

I wasn't looking at my datacard carefully:

616 BI-XENON HEADLICHT W.ACTVIE CURVELIGHT LEFT-DRIVE

I have them on my CLS55 as well :)

It was a little disconcerting the first couple of times out in the dark, almost as if the car was over-steering, seeing the light move ...

I have them on my CLS55 as well :)

It was a little disconcerting the first couple of times out in the dark, almost as if the car was over-steering, seeing the light move ...

I have the active lights on my new C220 CDI.

They are awesome, but I totally get the unnerving bit first time shooting down a little twisty windy up and down country lane!! :rock:

Update :- had the car on STAR today, tech managed to turn off cornering light function...so far no malfunction has re-appeared, will see how it goes!

Mine doesn't have them - but having driven a Rangie with them, I wasn't overly-impressed by them...

I think cornering lights is a very good function when it works!

just spent best part of the day trying to fix mine, looks like a new headlight unit after my failed attempt.

My bro in laws 5yr old VW Touran has them & must say id get peed of with them.

I think cornering lights is a very good function when it works!

just spent best part of the day trying to fix mine, looks like a new headlight unit after my failed attempt.

Hi Alps, i did price a unit :- MB £580
Euro £530 (hella unit) need to check if OE, i think MB you get 2 year warranty, Euro 1 year?...both prices are trade (club discount)

If you can live without...turning function off took about 5/10 mins on Star:thumb:really great not to hear the anoying malfunction ping anymore...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom