W211 cup holder accessory + phone mount advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-class

Car
MB
Hi All

I've just recently aquired a W211 2008 Avantgarde and was surprised to see theres no cup holders at the front, looks like its about £35 on ebay which i'll probably get however after doing a quick search on this forum it looks like theres a lot of complaints.

I normally take my coffee with me in the morning and have a Costa style cup with just a slit at the top to drink out of, is the holder good enough to hold that without spilling? reading the posts from people with this accessory has made me a bit cautious as it looks like it was designed for LHD cars, however as long as its usable I'm happy to buy it.

Finally what do you guys use to hold your phone? I want to use mine for navigation and i'm looking at the Kenu AirFrame+ (vent mount) as its pretty compact and wont make the car look messy, hate sunction mounts, just want something permanently connected ready to go.
Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount for Smartphone: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
PS link is just an example of the product, might be available cheaper elsewhere.

Put down the rear armrest and use the 2 built in cupholders there, sure you need to twist around but far better than the LHD moving cup holder (although the it does look cool when you press it).

If you're interested in the Airframe you can get excellent exact quality copies from eBay for a couple of quid, I've got one.

Unfortunately it's no good with the vents in the CLS as the shape of the wood surround gets in the way of any sensible location, don't know about the E, but I've used it many times in hire cars with Google maps on my N5 showing the way and it works really well.

Unless someone can say it definitely doesn't work with the E it's worth a couple of quid to find out.

Cup holder in the 'E' class?

About as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike...

For the phone, I use a Brodit pro clip.

Thanks guys for the replies, unfortunately I cannot use the rear cup holders as just seems unsafe to keep going back and forth while driving, I may just have to bite the bullet and order the cup holder to try, as my cup is mostly closed anyway with the lid hopefully it wont cause any issues.

Also thanks for the suggestions regarding the phone mount, I'll go for the AirFrame+ or the cheaper version today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom