W211 Dead Battery over night.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reevesy

Car
E320 sport
Hi all sorry if this has been asked befor but can't really find a definitive answer.
Just got a call from the wife saying the car wont open. She managed to get in with the lityle metal key after having to explain in great detail how to do this lol. The main key wont turn and there are no lights and the hazards dont work so looks to be a flat battery but which one. We have had the "convenience unavailable" message over the winter but it always starts witb out a problem that is untill today lol.
My question is should I just try and jump start it or does it need a new battery if so which one and where is best to get them from and how much am I looking to pay.
Thanks Reevesy

Convenience unavailable would point to the large battery in the boot being past its sell by date. Personally if the battery is more than 3/4 winters old I would replace it as a matter of course. Be very wary of jump starting any modern Mercedes- lots of very expensive electronics to damage. For the future I would serious think about investing in an intelligent charger [ CTEK] to top up the battery overnight/when the car sits idle.

I would plump for a MB branded or Bosch/VARTA battery- of the exact same spec as you have its probably an AGM type battery. Don't be tempted to buy cheap- you will regret it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom