W211 Delphi, Firstline or Lemforder??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Mirror Man

Car
W211 E270 CDI Elegance.Rover 75 Tourer
I need to replace both front track rod ends. Mine get a fare bit of hammer because I live a mile up a very rough farm track.

Of the 3 makes mentioned, which would you go for??

Have a look at MOOG you may find them there and they're called Problem Solvers for a reason.. I have them on the Vito and haven't had a problem yet..

Another favorite of mine is Meyle HD's (HD being Heavy Duty) again.. good product and work well..

Lemforder each and every time.

The Delphi ones are £18.18 a side on ebay. The Lemforder are £30 a side.
Big difference in cost.

Big difference in quality???

I have used several brands during my restoration of my C43, incl Febi, Delphi, Meyle and Lemforder. Every time I have ordered parts other than OEM, I have found Febi and Delphi to be either ill fitting or poorly finished and have ended up buying the Lemforder items which are basically OEM for a lot of things. They were definitely better as a finished article and seemed to be more substantial.
I basically used Lemforder and OEM parts throughout, that was my personal experience which will no doubt vary from mine.
Drop Gav (merc85) a PM (autoparts I believe is his business) am sure he will be glad to help you.

When it comes to Steering and Suspension products we sell,
Comline 3yr 36,000 mile warranty
Firstline 2yr 24,000 mile warranty
Febi 1yr Unlimited mileage warranty

To answer your Original question out of fairness ;) Out of "The list" of manufacturer's you have said, i would fit the Lemforder part.

Just incase you didnt know: Comline Auto Parts - Car Parts - Buy brake pads, brake discs, air filters

As above lemforder for my CLK no issues at all

Reactions: Abb
£50 a pair at cp4l . the trw ones are a few £££ cheaper and probably just as good , all made by zf now but still in a trw factory . i fitted lemforder myself to the thread and my tracking was out by a mile so the length to mb is different , get the tracking done asap if you diy fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abb
£50 a pair at cp4l . the trw ones are a few £££ cheaper and probably just as good , all made by zf now but still in a trw factory .
Yup I bought a mix of TRW & Lemforder bits when I replaced the front suspension on the CLK. All looked identical and fitted perfectly. Mister-auto is a good source.

I've bought Febi parts which were an OEM brand in their box and others which were a bit naff. A bit random really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom