W211 door mirror actuator (motor) A1718201042 broken is ok

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

24 VRT

Car
'99 S210 E320CDI A/garde - gone to a better place.. Now '09 S211 E320CDI Sport.
After a round of door mirror jousting in Cornwall, I've had to buy a new auto-dimming drivers door mirror, but unfortunately the round mount that sits on the front of the adjusting motor is broken, so the mirror can't attach. Given the motor still works, I don't want to spend £150+VAT for a new motor from MB, so I'm hoping someone here may still have their old/broken motor that they have replaced, and would sell me the old one so I can cannibalise it for the required mount. Any offers?
Cheers.

I have a motor sitting on the shelf. It is from a W209, not sure if it will help you but you are welcome to it.

I have a motor sitting on the shelf. It is from a W209, not sure if it will help you but you are welcome to it.
Thanks - I've got a scrap motor on the way which I'm going to see if I can get the round top plate off of (i.e. the flat plate that the mirror glass clips onto), as that is all that's broken on mine. If I can't get that to work then I will probably have to get the specific motor for my car as it has the memory function - so has the 8 pin electrical connector rather than the 3 pin version. Which connector does yours have?

Mine is only three pin, so probably will not help you. It also non MB and shows no part numbers and I can't see how you could remove the mounting plate. I only have it because I bought a complete unit to strip for the fold motor when mine failed last year. It worked out cheaper to do that than buy just the motor from MB.

Mine is only three pin, so probably will not help you. It also non MB and shows no part numbers and I can't see how you could remove the mounting plate. I only have it because I bought a complete unit to strip for the fold motor when mine failed last year. It worked out cheaper to do that than buy just the motor from MB.
Thanks for looking. Hopefully I can cannibalise the scrapper, but I get the feeling I'm facing having to buy used from Europe (no identicals in UK on ebay) where there is no guarantee that the motor element still functions properly, or bite the bullet and buy new from MB....

Replacement motor (actuator) now found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom