HOW TO: W211 Door Mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've started doing this since the last time it was mentioned (probably by you).

I don't need the mirrors folding in all the time and will just use them if needed.

My worry is if they are not 'exercised', will they then die when I next try them.

Probably was me, I've said it a few times before.

I agree, they get stiff and stick if not exercised every now and again - once a week should sort that though.

mct_cars said:
Probably was me, I've said it a few times before.

I agree, they get stiff and stick if not exercised every now and again - once a week should sort that though.

Silicon lubricant spray should keep them from sticking

I used slightly thicker wires for my repair... I just had some wires lying around and they work fine.

I decided to leave my auto folder on as I can just repair when I need... easy job and I enjoy the DIY.

w203 with same problem

:confused: My 52 plate w203 has a similar poblem with passenger side door mirror(mirror folds ok however cannot adjust position of mirror), have taken mirror cover off as per instructions, no signs of broken wires albeit mirror still in situ(dont know how to get it off safely). removed door card as per photo, no sign of any wiring or connectors. Has anyone have any ideas where the wires go after they leave mirror assembly on w203. I'm sure if I do a continuity test on wires I will locate and be able to solve problem however cannot find both ends of wires. Dont really want to start taking whole door panel off, must be easier access. Can anyone shine a light on issue. Thanks in advance

Have you tried giving the wires a light tug?

I found out that even though some of my wires look fine on the outside however, once I tugged at each wire they would break. The wiring inside has broken down.

Have you tried giving the wires a light tug?

I found out that even though some of my wires look fine on the outside however, once I tugged at each wire they would break. The wiring inside has broken down.
Thanks for the advice, did you find the wires broken within the mirror housing area, I was a bit reluctant to be too rough with the wires as the the mirror still folds which is more important than being able to adjust the position of the mirror.If I knew how the mirror is removed and could find both ends of the wires then I would just renew all wiring. Did you remove mirror and if so how?

Thanks Alan

Just wondering.... is it not possible to buy a new original loom from MB and simply replace it rather than soldier-repair the old loom?

For my W203, will I need this:

Mercedes W203 Mirror Wiring Harness Loom A2038103076 | eBay

4jwcck.png

Or this:

Mercedes W203 Door Mirror Wiring Connector A2038103076 | eBay

33c0v86.png

Just wondering.... is it not possible to buy a new original loom from MB and simply replace it rather than soldier-repair the old loom?

Nope. Loom not available as a separate part.

Nope. Loom not available as a separate part.

I understand that now, but it seems that there are sellers on Amazon and eBay that do sell the loom on its own.

I am just thinking if it would be straightforward replacing the loom - I park on the road so soldiering the wires while the loom is in the car will be difficult, while if I take the loom out anyway I might as well just replace it rather than repair it?

Hi All
I only have a cracked mirror do I have to take the back off to replace the mirror.

if not how do yopu get the glass out

E280 wing mirror glass replacement

Hi All

I have to replace my broken glass on the passenger side of My E280 2009

do I have to take the back off or can it be removed and fitted without

The glass just pulls out.
It is clipped into place..
I took my glass out last week to replace the LED indicator strip.. Mine is a 2007 by the way..
If your glass is already broken then you don't have to worry too much about being careful not to break it by removing it..
Its easier to put in than to take out !

Going back to the non-working indicators part of the thread, I've successfully followed this and repaired my nearside mirror indicator! Big thanks and kudos to DRUK!

The above info was very useful. Thanks for that but I now have a follow on question/problem.
I have done all I need with the cover removed but now I simply cannot get the cover to lock on correctly. In order to attempt to find out what is happening I put engineers blue on the retaining (flat) spring but there is no sign of anything having passed over it.

Any suggestions please?

Give it a really good push and you should hear it click in place.

Prob. removing cover

Hi all,
In fact I am facing a big problem I can't succeed in removing the mirror cover of my e220 cdi elegance year 2004. I have seen pictures and video which I tried to follow but no this thing would go off.
I took these pictures to understand if my model is a special one but couldn't see lot.
I hope someone can help me with a lot of thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20150315_121417 (3).jpg
    IMG_20150315_121417 (3).jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 42
Hi all,
In fact I am facing a big problem I can't succeed in removing the mirror cover of my e220 cdi elegance year 2004. I have seen pictures and video which I tried to follow but no this thing would go off.
I took these pictures to understand if my model is a special one but couldn't see lot.
I hope someone can help me with a lot of thanks.

Ok, did it the cover is out. Still to go for checking the faulty wires and fix it.
By the way any idea as how to proceed properly thus avoiding complications?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom