HOW TO: W211 Door Mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Removing the indicator from mine wasn't too tricky, but it is little involved.
I remember finding a guide for it, about 2 years ago when it broke, but can't remember much about it now. All I do remember is that the later cars had different works to the earlier ones.

hopefully this will make sense to people and I'll be able to refer to it when the passenger side inevitable goes on the fritz.

Attachments

• mirror.pdf
    56.5 KB · Views: 36
I remember finding a guide for it, about 2 years ago when it broke, but can't remember much about it now. All I do remember is that the later cars had different works to the earlier ones.
Mine is a later 211, if you get stuck shout, mine have been apart so often recently I could probably do it blindfold now .

I've just done my left hand mirror this evening. I'd lost the mirror heating and up down movement. I've spliced new wires in for all directions of mirror adjustment and the heaters.

I've just done my left hand mirror this evening. I'd lost the mirror heating and up down movement. I've spliced new wires in for all directions of mirror adjustment and the heaters.
My passenger side mirror's heating element is not working, is it an electrical fault or do i have to change the mirror?
Thanks

My passenger side mirror's heating element is not working, is it an electrical fault or do i have to change the mirror?
Thanks
It will be the wiring inside the wing mirror, just need fixing, nost likely has broken.

I must add that although the heater circuit is now working, only a part of that mirror glass gets warm enough to do anything, so the glass must have more than one heating traces, of which aren't working.

I must add that although the heater circuit is now working, only a part of that mirror glass gets warm enough to do anything, so the glass must have more than one heating traces, of which aren't working.

Grab a used or new one and give that a try, the passenger side is much cheaper.

I know this is an old thread but here's hoping someone may be able to help!

RHD 2008 W211 (facelift) E280
Passenger mirror lost horizontal control then three months later lost vertical control.
Indicator repeater, heating and fold still work fine.

Suspected wiring so decided to have a look and troubleshoot to find if it was the wiring, the motor or the control module/ switch.

Once off there were no obvious breaks - loom with two connectors to the door module one 10 block black with all black wires and one white 6 or 8 block but with only 2 connectors attached.

At the mirror the main loom came in and split with one side going behind the pivot I assume to the fold motor.
The other led to two spade attachments to the mirror heating, a black two pin connector for the indicator, a black 3pin connector to the motor and 2 wires to a white connector in a housing but not connected to anything.
Hope you're with me so far!

I tried a continuity test on the wires but couldn't get any successful result. Then thought of trying the motor on the drivers side mirror but when that was checked it was completely different ! The glass was much thicker, the two pin white connectors attached to the glass as well as the heating ones and the motor connector was a square block with at least six wires as opposed to a flat 3 pin connector on the left. So unable to check motor function!

So should I try a new motor or try a new mirror from a breaker perhaps or is it maybe the door module?
Any help or pointers would be massively helpful thanks!

most likely a break but as you have ruled that out, start with the motor, cheapest option.

If anyone needs a new clear stip for the O/S mirror, give me a shout. Bought one for my car, but never got round to fitting it.

£10 + p&p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom