W211 driver's door stuck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ramsay2000

Car
C180 W202
Help please.

I got in my car and drove to the shop.

When I got there I couldn't open the driver's door.

The handle on the inside won't budge. The knob is stuck down and from the outside the handle feels fine but doesn't open the door.

The key also does nothing.

Any ideas where to start on this anyone?!

Cheers

Help please.

I got in my car and drove to the shop.

When I got there I couldn't open the driver's door.

The handle on the inside won't budge. The knob is stuck down and from the outside the handle feels fine but doesn't open the door.

The key also does nothing.

Any ideas where to start on this anyone?!

Cheers
Try spraying some lubricant where the stuck knob is , on the handle gaps inside and outside , in the outside keyhole

If you can't open the door you will not be able to remove the inner door card to get to the mechanism. one of the metal 'wire' ams inside has probably fallen off or broken one of those little annoying plastic bits that rot with age.

If you lubricating it does not work taking off the door card from the passenger side will at least show a mirror image of what you are dealing with inside the drivers door. Best of luck.

Took some pincer grips to the open / shut knob which damaged it but I think did raise it up and out of the door a bit then was more forceful on the handle and it popped open - phew!!!!

Have now also sprayed it down with wd40!

This one's not over yet!

Now it seems to work but when I click to lock the door it makes a horrendous misfiring noise as it goes down.

Should I look to replace the mechanism?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated as ever

Take the door card off and have a look at the mechanism. It's not fixed, it will let you down again until it is fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom