W211 DVD player fitment.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingsford G

Car
E 320 cdi
I just removed a dvd player from a 04 plate to fit to 05 which has a cd player just to learn the plugs are totally different.I looked for an adaptor plugs with no result.Has anyone on here done this kind of replacement?

Yeah I've done it, my stereo came with the adapter harness but you can buy them from command online. I think on the pre facelift 211 it's more work as some of the stuff is in the boot

I've re read your post is it command your fitting? I believe the an 05 command is still ntg 1 so I think the fittings are the same mine was different as I was going to ntg 2.5

The command online guys are on this forum so they will probably comment

Im new to these nts things mate.The top one on the picture is the cd player from 05 elegance and the bottom one is the dvd player from 04 plate avantgarde.The idea was to swap them as the avantgarde is going up for sale.

I'm assuming you mean Comand (DVD Player), to replace an Audio 20 (CD Player). If so, then they aren't a straight swap.

If so, then you'll need many more parts to make it work along with a retrofit harness, Audio Gateway (amplifier), Nav Drive etc. etc. In other words, over £500 of bits and about a day or two if you've never fitted one before.

My advice when replacing a CD Player would be to get a later HDD Nav unit which needs only a small convertor harness and a GPS device (about £50 or so together).

Oh, just read you have both cars. You could swap all of the bits from the old car, but again, you'd be struggling with wiring for both as all of the wires for speakers etc. are in a different place on both cars (the boot for the DVD, behind the unit for the CD player).

There isn't a lot of demand for replacing the Nav unit with a CD Player so I'd be surprised if there was any retrofit harnesses to complete the job.

Oh, just read you have both cars. You could swap all of the bits from the old car, but again, you'd be struggling with wiring for both as all of the wires for speakers etc. are in a different place on both cars (the boot for the DVD, behind the unit for the CD player).

There isn't a lot of demand for replacing the Nav unit with a CD Player so I'd be surprised if there was any retrofit harnesses to complete the job.

I`ll just bin the idea.I could always buy an android unit and fit with no issue.Got a new set of 18"alloys today so that`ll have to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom