W211 E 270 Cdi 2003 brakes sticking !!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4life211

Car
mercedes 211
Hello my friends .

This symptoms happens when the brakes are used to much in downhills and in summer.
So,happens when is hot outside.
Mostly stick the front left brake.The brake pads and rotors are good .
If anyone can advise would be great .

Thanks in advance.

The pistons are probably sticking in the calipers. Either need a good cleaning, overhaul or replacement.

maybe your life worth a quick squirt of oil, mine would require a full overhaul of the pistons, but then I am a bit particular.

Also check the caliper sliders. Very easy to check them. When they go dry they tend to stick under heavy braking before they seize totally.

maybe your life worth a quick squirt of oil, mine would require a full overhaul of the pistons, but then I am a bit particular.
Thank you for repaying my friend.
No I don't mean the life depend from oil squirt as you said ,but can't clarify what part is failing .
Want to test one by one .
What do you think?

Thank you for repaying my friend.
No I don't mean the life depend from oil squirt as you said ,but can't clarify what part is failing .
Want to test one by one .
What do you think?

Also when working on the brakes make sure you remember to disable SBC

Thank you all for replaying.
Replaced the caliper with used one and it seems working fine .
Hope it goes well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hello again

After replaced the caliper with used one ,again when it is hot outside is stuck again.
Same symptoms.Money in trash .

Please can anyone help me ?? I repeat that it happens only when it gets hot outside!!!

caliper slide pins sticking, or sticking piston are the 2 things that it can be. strip and clean and re grease with a rubber kind grease like white lithium . other than that change the flexi hose. brakes get hot when you press the pedal metal expands when hot , the weather wont be a factor . buy a recon caliper from brakesint and be safe in the knowledge it will have all new internals and work as expected .

caliper slide pins sticking, or sticking piston are the 2 things that it can be. strip and clean and re grease with a rubber kind grease like white lithium . other than that change the flexi hose. brakes get hot when you press the pedal metal expands when hot , the weather wont be a factor . buy a recon caliper from brakesint and be safe in the knowledge it will have all new internals and work as expected .
Thank you for replaying my friend.
I have replaced the caliper with used one as I said before .The used one works fine ;checked the pins and are greased with white grease as you said.Also the caliper looks fine.Now I don't know what to change next.The brake pads are almost in finish and maybe I should consider replacing them (they are cheap one).But,why this happens only on the left side and when it warms???

So,my friends.
Replaced brake pads and no sticking anymore.
The old brake pads were cheap and they can't be consumed anymore.They produce too much of heat so I think that the brake fluid expands and the SBC didn't worked correctly .

Till now replaced caliper,brake hose (money trash ).

I just can't understand why the problem showed only on front left tire ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom