W211 - E Class (in-dash) CD Changer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sanj517

Car
Mercedes W126 420SE, W168 A210, W211 E220 CDI
Hi, My E Class has the majic button in the centre console for the CD Changer, can i fit a salvaged changer and if so can anybody do it?

Rgds

If I'm not mistaken they all have the "magic button". If you don't have a CD changer then you get a storage pocket instead - I replaced my changer with said pocket as part of the audio install.

Did you make your magic pocket work? When I removed the audio 20 and installed my Kenwood DDX it stopped working (it talks to the radio to make sure there's not an ejected CD blocking its path) - sold the car with the audio 20 in it and it worked fine again.

Yes, but not in the way you'd think!

The COMAND unit is still plumbed into the loop, hidden away where the NAV drive lives. Telling the unit there was no CD changer anymore wasn't enough, it still needed the main unit to be present.

I may revisit it at some point in the future but at the end of the day it does the job and it goes unnoticed unless you drop the boot panel to get at the fuses.

Last edited:
Member on the other forum has found a way to keep the drawer active but it involves wiring in a seperate switch.

Member on the other forum has found a way to keep the drawer active but it involves wiring in a seperate switch.

Indeed, that was the other obvious option, but not the route I wanted to go down.

Indeed, that was the other obvious option, but not the route I wanted to go down.

I replaced my stereo, and I'm looking to get the cd changer drawer to work again.

Anyone have more info about this switch mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom