W211 (E Class) - Light behind Headlight switch symbols

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldfish11

Car
C220 CDI (09/11 - Facelift) & SLK200
Is there a light behind the headlight switch to the right of the steering wheel?

I have a light that illuminates the switch but there is no light to illuminate the symbols that the switch points to. i.e. park left, park right, zero, Auto, sidelights, headlights. So you can see the switch but not what it is pointing to.

Has the bulb that illuminates these in the dash blown? or is there no bulb to illuminate these symbols anyway.

Can any W211 owners let me know if they have such a light.

Many thanks.

Goldfish11 said:
Is there a light behind the headlight switch to the right of the steering wheel?

I have a light that illuminates the switch but there is no light to illuminate the symbols that the switch points to. i.e. park left, park right, zero, Auto, sidelights, headlights. So you can see the switch but not what it is pointing to.

Has the bulb that illuminates these in the dash blown? or is there no bulb to illuminate these symbols anyway.

Can any W211 owners let me know if they have such a light.

Many thanks.

Just checked mine, and only the switch is lit with light showing where it is pointing. No light behind written section.

Brian,

Many thanks for checking. It seems they light just about everything else but not this. I guess the ambient lighting system is meant to compensate.

Goldfish11 said:
Brian,

Many thanks for checking. It seems they light just about everything else but not this. I guess the ambient lighting system is meant to compensate.

Yes it looks like a fighter plane in the dark. :D

My W210 E300TD is illuminated as well as the pointer thingy!

Col

Hi. First time on this site and loving it.

I had the same question about no light to illuminate the symbols that the switch points to. I thought that my light just burned out.

Thanks to you guys for let me know that everything is OK.

This is the same on most MB models, I believe someone posted it was to prevent reflection in the side window?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom