W211 e class panoramic roof creaking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bullyboy112

Car
e320cdi
Well I love the panoramic roof on my e class, but my God it creaks and chatters all the time and drives me mad! Seems to be a common problem?

Any suggestions??

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Lubricate the seals with Gummipflege or Krytox and serenity will return. Did mine at weekend and it was a peaceful drive to work this morning.

Lubricate the seals with Gummipflege or Krytox and serenity will return. Did mine at weekend and it was a peaceful drive to work this morning.
Tried this out and lubricated the seals, and what a difference! Serenity, Hope it lasts!

Tried this out and lubricated the seals, and what a difference! Serenity, Hope it lasts!

+ 1 for Gummi Pledge.

I've found I need to re-apply about every 4 - 6 weeks to stop/reduce the creaking.

Silicone spray maybe(?) as effective.

Would the same thing help a creaky SLK (R171)?

Halfords silicon lubricant in an aerosol cures mine. As others have said it needs to re applied periodically. I spray it onto a cloth and rub it onto the rubber seals to avoid overspray.

I had the same problem with my W212 E63 panoramic roof. It would creak and sometimes a loud crack noise. The solution was to tighten and Loctite all the screws and nuts holding the whole thing together. This meant taking down the headlining - so I gave the job to my local MB dealer. It cost me a couple of hours labour. All sorted.

My new E63s has a panoramic roof too.. all quiet so far.

I love my pano roof aswell, silicone spray does the job

I love my pano roof aswell, silicone spray does the job

ac63de0002663e85ecab4bd5e5e66cc8.jpg

I’ve just got myself a can of this silicone spray. Please can someone tell exactly where to apply this. Thanks.

Do I just apply the silicone spray alone the edge of this glass panel ? (Arrow on image) I did try this and didn’t seem to get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spray it onto a cloth and rub it along the seals, the ones that look like the door seals. you will need to do it in two stages. The first as in your photo and then move it to the tilt position to access the rear seal. Hope you are soon creak free.

+1 For Gummi Pflege

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom