W211 E Class Saloon interior light panel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peckerpecks

The panel between the 2 roofs on housing the interior lights is dead. None of the map reading lights work or the interior lights or the mood lighting. However the front interior lights, footwell lights, door lights all work. Any ideas please. Thanks Dan

Sounds like the fuse has gone, check your manual and it will tell you fuse box locations, instead which you will find a card detailing what fuse does what.

Thanks for the reply. Whats does disconnecting the battery do then? It won't mess up anything else by doing this will it?

I think it's a SAM that misbehaves.

When ours started working I had no choice as had changed the battery. I think the forum advice is to switch the headlights on to avoid spikes when reconnecting the battery.

I'm not very good at following advice and survived.

Still haven't had any joy with this despite disconnecting the battery its still dead. Does anybody have any ideas as to which dude relates to this please? The whole panel is dead and that I includes the button for the sun blind, interior lights in rear and the mood lighting is dead also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dan

I have this problem on my viano, (which may be relevant, may be not). I had it checked on the star which showed a fault on the switch panel. I was informed that a new unit costs £700+ plus vat, but there was the option of a used unit from a sprinter @ £63+ vat. I took the option, and looked at the old unit and found a sizeable pcb which looks decidedly dodgy. I will google to see if I can find someone to check/repair pcb because the used spinter unit only switches manually, (not when the doors open)
Hope you find a solution, good luck

Can't find a fuse for this apart from left rear door control and right rear door control. Could these be the separate fuses??

Also I have noticed that when I open my rear doors only it doesn't bring on even the front interior light, only the footwell lighting come on and the kerb lights.... strange :crazy:

Hi,

Did you manage to find a resolution to the problem? Am facing the exact same problem. I can't seem to pinpoint the source of the problem. Remove and reconnected everything in the front and rear clusters. I would really like to avoid having to remove the whole roof linings to check on the ribbon condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom