W211 E220 Estate (2006) Ambient Temperature Sensor Location

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frenchchaz

Car
E240 Estate - dead! Now E220 Estate
Does anyone know for certain where this is located? The internet isn't terribly helpful with random locations indicated on poor photographs and videos! FWIW the car has Xenon headlights. I can't see the sensor in the grille next to the fog lights or between the headlight and sidelight where some suggest it is. The outside temperature is indicated as 85 deg C which suggests the sensor has gone open circuit. I have a replacement to install if only I could find the darn thing!

Should be on the drivers side down by the foglight in the mesh. Look for a black probe poking out.

I'm at my wits end with this! I have finally found in the nearside foglight surround a hole which fits the sensor. However, there's no sign of the attendant wiring or the old sensor! I guess the next step is to take out the wheel arch liner so I can see whats what!

Yes you will probably find it lying around in the unertray somewhere. Happened on my wifes old R129 leading to high outside temp readings due to not being in the airstream

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom