W211 e220 injector replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitefang

Car
e320 cdi, 525tds bmw,
Hi all. Hope all is well & keeping safe from covid.

Can I ask for a bit of info please.

E220. CDI, If I see liquid or tar around injector it's the copper seat. . Yes...
If I get out the bolt holding down the clamp / injector,, & it comes out with like il call swarf like when u drill a piece of metal.
So basically it's striped the thread but not on the bolt.

I have heard of Using sleeve ( a rwall plug ). Never did this. I haven't seen much of this topic / sleeve talk.

Any info on what way or which direction to go, would great read & help. Incase this happens.

Thanks all

Time-sert is good. Some are using helicoil but their durabilty on the field has not been very good, probably due to something slightly wrong on installation/dirt etc. In theory it should last better than original...

Morning mate.
Thanks for the info.
Yeah I think I read something somewhere, could of been you as well, sayin about the above.
Are the idiot proof..lol.
As basic as a dry wall rwall plug .?
You screw in the metal thing into the plaster board then the screw into that.

Say, if they have been used before by the previous owner / job repair person. Can the same plug be used or will that come out as the bolt is taken out.?

How do you use the plug,.? Are they both the same.?
Is it remove bolt, clean out what's in the hole, & screw this plug in,? How far.? Or to what talk setting.?
Then I re bolt the bolt into that.? at what talk setting.?

Sorry for all the possible stupid questions.
I will Google both of the plugs you say of.

Thanks mersum1es.
Talk to you again.
Thanks all.

Hi,

yeah do a google search, their websites have all information how to use them. Repair part should remain in place even bolt removed. Thread tool could be basic or special one, depending on manufacturer. Just note you may need extra long tools to reach the correct depth since thread sits deep in the hole.

hi mersum1es / all.

how you doing...

i was looking over the time-sert kit,

as you more than likely know, the car e220 cdi injector holder bolt is ...Dimensions; Thread Length: 55 mm, Shaft Length: 24 mm, Ø: 6,0 mm.
i got this info from another website page (cant recall which site), the part number to the bolt is a0009902907 .

if i get a time-sert kit (& will probably get the kit before doing the job, incase the bolt does give us a problem...more than likely will from all ive read of other people having issues).
what size time- sert / kit would i be looking at.?

thanks all.

Hi mersum1es / all.
how you doing?

Can I ask you...
the 220 CDI injector seat, it's an e class if that makes a difference, I can get you engine code if it helps.
but after injector is out & the old copper seat, I probably need to ream it / clean it.
I've seen reamer tools sets with different sizes in the kit & it's sayin (I think...) 17 X 19 angled or 17 X 17 angled.
then I'm seeing a few folk saying 17 X .. flat.

Can you say for sure which it is or will it be on the injector or in its injector code or will I be able to tell from looking at the injector itself.?
thanks mate.
I'm going to have look at the injector code or something on it.

thanks.

I think its 17 flat...
Injectro ecu coding; search "common rail injector ima code"

Hi all,
Looking at the Lazer tool site, .UK . They saying that there kit Lazer product 4702 as .. reamer.. & 17 X 19 flat for Merc.

this is good, & you guys would go with that yes...
I checked out injector & It don't say anything on / about what reamer is needed to reseat a new unit.

Thanks.

Cool.. thanks mersum1es, we must of replied at same time.
Thanks for that.

Good morning all.
Hope all is well after the good weekend.

The injector, e220 CDI, dad was doing the job (his motor).
The last time he did 1 was on the e320 CDI 2007 plate, & as he was removing the injector part of the alloy broke away from what I'd call the rocker box cover. Long story...
But we order new bolts, copper seats ( 2.4mm Honda). Reamer tool, & the bolt repair kit.
Injector was taken out I'm told with ease, injector was drop into a place where there speciality is pumps / injection. So it came back like new. (Not sure if I can say this on the forum, sorry if I break any rules, the place is in kilkee, called msal, if you in Ireland & need work the guy is place to go.)
Reamer the seat hole, 17x17 flat, new seat, injector back in, bolt hole cleaned, car started within 2secs /1st time, runs like new, this was 2weeks ago, just been checked for any leaks & all is good.

Thanks all for any help on parts.
Talk to you again.
Motor safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom