W211 E220 "Service Brake Visit Workshop" Fault Codes Help ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, (and some Imps)
Hi folks

Got the white "Service Brake Visit Workshop" message on the dash every now and then.

Read the codes and I'm getting:

C1419 Check component L6/1 (left front speed sensor)
C147A Check component L6/3 (left rear speed sensor)
2403 No CAN message from N47-5
2401 No CAN message from N47-B or from control unit Brake system
P1861 Left Rear wheel RPM signal sent from traction system via CAN implausible
2333-4 Vehicle speed Cruise control Wheel speed implausible

I find it a bit strange that it is pointing to an error on 2 speed sensors so was wondering if anyone had any experience on these faults?

Assuming your car has the SBC braking system it could relate to the pump which has a finite life based on number of applications.

Assuming your car has the SBC braking system it could relate to the pump which has a finite life based on number of applications.

It does but I thought the SBC warning came up in Red on the dash and stayed there.

This warning comes and goes so i wouldn't think it's the SBC problem and the fault codes don't point to it.

SBC warning comes in white too.
That means it has reached its planned life cycle but still operating.
When put on Star the pump will be interrogated and if it can still reach full pressure within set time limits then the counter can be reset.

Red means the pump has sensed that it cannot create and maintain the correct pressure. New pump required.

I recommend getting the car onto a Star system with a knowledgeable operator and get the system analysed.

Some of the codes may be stored and not current.
This will eliminate guesswork and save you money.

Thanks, I'd have thought though the SBC error would be constant once it's flagged up.

I've not had the Warning for the past couple of days so I've cleared the fault codes, will run it a little round work and check the codes again then do a read when/if the Warning returns.

Yes, the SBC error will be constant.
A faulty brake light switch will also bring up a white brake error.

I used to get a "Start engine" warning to increase brake pressure before my pump was replaced when the pressure dropped in the system.

As soon as I started the engine you could hear the pump pressurising the system. Once pressurised it all went back to normal again. This would happen maybe once every couple of weeks or so after a parking up after a long run. This is an indication the pump is needing to be refurbished/replaced.

What year is your W211?

Run the car for a few days and now the only code is:

C2259 ABS Control

No error messages on dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom