W211 E220 Suspension noises - Top Mount ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks. Can you suggest any other supplier less than £200?

Yeah , trw or lemforder, they are who make them for mb anyways.

There's a brand Starline which clocks in at £65, anyone had experience of them? I will check out TRW

Some questions to consider -
How long are you likely to want to keep the car
How many annual miles do you expect to drive
How much is your budget for parts - Cheapest, Dealer Parts, Mid-Range, Unbranded, ?

The brand of the part(s) and their perceived quality should be considered once you think about the above points. So for example, if the car is in decent condition and you like it and consider you may keep it for some time and you only do a few thou' per year normal road driving then perhaps cheaper / mid-range part(s) option may be the way to go.
Identifying the problem with suspension noises can be tricky (as I found out) and there is a further argument about replacing certain suspension components in pairs.

Without a firm diagnosis towards the faulty part, I still maintain - cheapest component first (Droplinks) , Ball Joints, then work up to suspension arms if the problem persists.

There's a brand Starline which clocks in at £65, anyone had experience of them? I will check out TRW

UK company, freepost . Use sale5 for 5% off

Did some more research on suppliers . Found a company called Metzger in Germany which is a pretty big outfit supplying world wide. So their stuff must be reasonable quality. They had "Metzger 58053401 Track Control Arm" listed on Amazon UK for £59 post free. With Amazon's return policy and a guaranteed fit for my vehicle, I've ordered it. I'll look at this and the Ridex when they arrive and do a side by side comparison before I decide which one to use.

I replaced the Torque Strut and my noise has gone. The best supplier I found was Metzger who corresponded with me from Germany - very helpful. The prices on Amazon are good - middle range at £65. Thanks to all helping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom