W211 E270 Exhaust Fumes Getting Into Car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Mirror Man

Car
W211 E270 CDI Elegance.Rover 75 Tourer
KwikFit have checked the exhaust system and my Indie has checked everything else but cannot find any black sooty marks that would indicate where the leak is coming from.

Any idea????

Definitely exhaust fumes? I'm thinking possible oil leak dropping onto exhaust and being drawn in. On my S211 E220 after an oil change I didn't replace the oil filler cap correctly and the cabin soon filled with fumes. May be worth a check.

Pretty sure it's exhaust fumes: banging head ache and light headed. Nasty fumy smell after a few hours too.

Check the steering column bushing in the firewall, any slight exhaust leak very close to the manifold/turbo would find it's way in there. May be difficult to spot the actual leak though.

Leaking injector seals ?

Leaking injector seals ?
No, all checked and healthy. I collected the car form the garage today because he couldn't find a leak anywhere but the tail pipes are a little high and tucked up behind the rear bumper and the rear bumper is solid with mud, so maybe that was it. It seemed fine on the way home. :confused:

KwikFit have checked the exhaust system and my Indie has checked everything else but cannot find any black sooty marks that would indicate where the leak is coming from.

Any idea????

Could be the join on the turbo to cat
Looks ok when warm but can leak on start up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom