W211 E270 Transmission slips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lucas Summers

Car
E class E270 CDI 2005
Hi All,

My 2005 W211 CDI E270 has this niggling issue wherein after a hard acceleration, lifting off the accelerator will shunt the transmission into neutral.

allowing the car to coast down to ~30MPH will engage the driving gear again but after this it will misbehave, the tiptronic manual select will be disabled and the gear won't go above 2/3 until car is parked and then reignighted. only to happen again later in the day.

its very repeatable and happens after overtaking, joining the motorway, and on corners where I would have to lift off the accelator.

Some people online have suggested I look at the TCU/TCM for oil contamination (a loom issue apparently where oil/atf migrates up the loom fabric and pools in the TCU connectors) but when i disassembled the electrical box i found only fuses, the ECU and the ESP control modules. with no pooled fluid.

I love this car but this fault is making me weary. any suggestions?

Milage 68000
Year: 2005
Make: Mercedes-Benz
Model: E270
Engine: 2.7 litre CDI

Already Tried:
checked oil level, checked, reset and Cleaned ECU, checked wiring to electrical box under bonnet.

Other notes:
occasionaly i need to over rev to get the car moving and the power delivery seems a bit crap, other times she's like a space ship and just wants to fly off the road.
Sometimes when just started and driving out my driveway i get jerky first gear for the first 10 MPH, giving the engine a blast usually solves this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom