W211 e270 trunk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ronny85

Car
W211 e270 cdi
Hello
I have a big problem. When i unlock my car, i cannot open my trunk, then i push the latch, but when i open by my remote control, my trunk open.
Last week i had some water in my trunk(rain water and i drilled 2 small holes and the water came out)
Is there any way i can fix it?
Plz take a look at the picture, this one i cannot open. And my keyfob wont open either(previously owners never opened truck before with the key

Attachments

• IMG_1388.JPG
    IMG_1388.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 16
Spray some WD40 in the opening behind the plastic handle whilst working it manually. Sorted my problem.

Hi and thx for answer
This trick with wd40 dosent work

Water is probably coming from the 3rd brake light, with age the seal starts to dry up and let water in.

I am actually selling a new genuine 3rd brake light for the W211 (in the for sale section).

Can you pop open the trunk from with the switch inside the car?

Dec

If the metal key blade doesn’t turn in the lock, squirt some WD40 into the keyhole slot using the aerosol’s Red straw, this might solve the problem.

Dec

w211 trunk.jpg

Hello
I can opne the trunk, from the button inside, and from the remote control. But cannot open the trunk, if i unlock my car, and press trucklatch

s-l1600.jpg

Pictures… https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-w203-C220-646-96-2-1-Door-Lock-Latch-Boot-Trunk-A2037500693-A1717500085/263279533693?fits=Plat_Gen%3AW211&hash=item3d4caede7d:g:zVwAAOSwI8lZ7-KD

There are small electric motors inside the lower part of the lock, that’s why the remote and switch inside car open the boot.

When you pull the handle, the cable between the upper and lower parts of the lock releases the lower part of the lock, so, the problem may be the cable. Does the metal key blade work in the lock keyhole located above the number plate?

When you unlock the car with the remote, do all four doors unlock?

Dec

Hello I can lock all doors with remote. but cannot unlock through latach(if i unlock my car, and press the latch on trunk, the trunk is not comming up)

Does the trunk latch feel like it is pulling on a cable or does it feel loose?

Dec

no it doesent feel lose. and its pull also back again(latch) so no spring is broken i think so

There are some videos on u tube worth watching, the one in the link below has a part of a metal lever broken, such things can cause your particular problem with the latch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iD1Pm11lkc

That lock of yours may be common to other Mercedes cars; I think the ML also uses that lock.

Dec

thx for reply.
But i can open trunk, if i press the keyfob or use the button inside the car?

Yes, but using the remote or the button inside the car opens the trunk without the need to operate the latch, but when you operate the latch, you are pulling a cable, the cable probably causes one of the electric motors, in the lower part of the lock, to run and move a lever inside the lower part of the lock causing it to open.

So, I’m suggesting something like a lever is broken, like what was seen in the video above.

You would need to open up the lock to investigate further.

Dec

Keep an eye on this thread, others may have come on with better suggestions as to what is at fault.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom