w211 e270cdi Pre-facelift Airmatic Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thefibreguy

Car
2012 Range Rover Sport
Guys,

Have done a search, but just want to confirm something.

I had my car lowered, with drop-links, & then whilst driving home, I noticed the rear of the car started bouncing. I pulled over, & saw the rear had dropped right down, with the rear wheels well in the arches, also the car symbol with the up arrow light came on, telling me to visit mechanic.

I dont think this had anything to do with the work i had done, even though it was suspension related, but because I had never physically raised the car before using the button, I am unsure if it was knackered before, but wanna give the indy the benefit etc. Am taking it back to him on tuesday, but just wanted to check it wasnt something simple.

I have checked the relay is of the Hella type, & that the 40amp fuse (in the same box as the relay is in, under the bonnet) is good. The fronts seem ok, so this problem is only effecting the rear.

When I press the suspension raise button, the LED lights up, & the display did briefly say 'car rising' but it stopped after a few seconds.

Because the LED is lighting up, I would think I have power to the pump.

Can I assume the pump is faulty?

Can anyone suggest any other tests?

Cheers

Could be the rear distribution block or rear level sensor, unlikely to have both rear struts fail at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Also check the link rod for the rear level hasn't broken or come adrift

Cheers for the replies, a few more questions so that I can try to pinpoint.

1.How will I know if the pump is working? When I press the raise button, I do NOT get the in dash 'car raising' indicator.
2.If I had a leak at the main manifold, would the front, & rear sink?
3.If the new rear aftermarket droplink has fallen off/broken, would this cause the rear to drop?
4.I have a 53 prefacelift E270CDI estate, is the 40amp pump fuse located in the car(drivers footwell), or under the bonnet.

Thanks again.

Guys,

Sorted. It was the droplink, it had popped. Back on now, & car working, & looking good.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom