W211 E280 CDI Brabus Box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercrosoft

Car
2008 E280
Hi all,

Looking for one of these if anyone has one or moving their car on and looking to have one in the near future?

Also any experiences on this box from anyone using one? I believe the one I need for my 07 E280 7g Sport is : d5 - 211-735-00 ?

Seems a few on eBay for the e320 but e280 seem much harder to locate.

Cheers

M

IMO your better of going for a customised remap tweaked live on a RR by a reputable tuner especially on a W211.

Only advantage of a Brabus module is that on a relatively new car it will not invalidate the MB warranty for a certain period/mileage.

IMO your better of going for a customised remap tweaked live on a RR by a reputable tuner especially on a W211.

Only advantage of a Brabus module is that on a relatively new car it will not invalidate the MB warranty for a certain period/mileage.

Hi Flash

I agree, but the few reputable ones here in the southwest have not responded to my queries on what they can do for my e280 and availability over next few weeks etc so thought a Brabus PnP option would be a good solution.

Hi there

I have an e280 cdi and I would recommend the mapping route with RR.

I am running a blue spark Tuning box, which get a good reputation, and overall I am please with the results (there are 5 different maps with a sensitivity setting of 0-9 on each)

What I did find though is that the stronger more powerful maps, reach their limit quite low down the sensitivity level (I am running the middle map with sensitivity is turned to 5) - if I move this to 6 the car has a fuel cut issue at certain revs and behaves badly...this is where you will see benefit of the RR as they will be able to identify cause and adjust the map accordingly if this were to happen. No fault codes on star, no EML's so it literally must be that the fuel being demanded from the tuning box is too much for the car to cope and you get a safety cut.

I also think the Brabus box's are way too expensive for what they are pre owned...a decent map can be had for £250 with RR

Hope this is helpful

Hi all,

Looking for one of these if anyone has one or moving their car on and looking to have one in the near future?

Also any experiences on this box from anyone using one? I believe the one I need for my 07 E280 7g Sport is : d5 - 211-735-00 ?

Seems a few on eBay for the e320 but e280 seem much harder to locate.

Cheers

M
Hi, I have just taken a d5 iii tuning kit off my 280 cdi. It was fitted by Brabus for the previous owner so not sure how old it is but it is working perfectly. I really notice the difference once it's off (+52 BHP but mega torque), it is all there except the mounting bracket (cable tie works fine). IMO this is better than a remap (plug and play, really simple and reliable, can't be overwritten etc. can take it off for your next car or sell it on etc.). Let me know privately if you're interested, I can send pics if you like, post to you, or can help with fitting if you're near to Manchester (I am definitley no expert in electronics etc but this is a really easy fit in about an hour or less). £1600ish new, I think £250 is reasonable. Thanks

Hi, I have just taken a d5 iii tuning kit off my 280 cdi. It was fitted by Brabus for the previous owner so not sure how old it is but it is working perfectly. I really notice the difference once it's off (+52 BHP but mega torque), it is all there except the mounting bracket (cable tie works fine). IMO this is better than a remap (plug and play, really simple and reliable, can't be overwritten etc. can take it off for your next car or sell it on etc.). Let me know privately if you're interested, I can send pics if you like, post to you, or can help with fitting if you're near to Manchester (I am definitley no expert in electronics etc but this is a really easy fit in about an hour or less). £1600ish new, I think £250 is reasonable. Thanks
Hi, ideal, really keen,

I can't seem to message, presumably because I'm still quite new with low post count. Could you drop me a mail at coxy [at] fastmail dot com with maybe a couple pictures and we'll go from there!

Cheers
Martyn

Did you sell the D5 Brabus box? A friend of mine has just bought an E280 and was looking for one.

Did you sell the D5 Brabus box? A friend of mine has just bought an E280 and was looking for one.
Sorry, yes sold it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom