W211 E280 CDI Sport - ESP inoperative

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reamer

Car
SLK250 CDI AMG SPORT 2014
Started the car on the morning and received ESP inoperative + Tyre monitoring inoperative. After driving a while I tried to engage cruise and received Cruise inoperative. Also no hold when stationary at lights.

Switched the engine off. Restart and fault cleared for two days. Came back mid journey on M62.

I suspect it is the brake pedal switch ( common fault) but I am waiting for the arrival of this fault diagnostic tool.

iCarsoft CR Plus Multi System & Multi Vehicle Diagnostic Tool from UK Pro Diagnostics - Auto Diagnostics & Fault Finding Solutions (very helpful customer service)

I look after three cars so wanted a multi car version. I will confirm my findings tomorrow and will also post a separate review of the tool. Hopefully this will help others as there are many tools out there some good some not worth the postage.

It is more likely to be a wheel speed sensor or less likely an abs sensor.

Well I received my iCarsoft CR Plus Multi System & Multi Vehicle Diagnostic Tool this morning. Very easy piece of kit to use. Plugged it in as per instructions. Immediately in the codes stored was the "brake pedal switch".

I collected a new genuine part at £13.50 inc VAT. Fitted in under 10 minutes. Cleared the faults and re ran diagnostics. No more codes and all is well.

I did note the old switch activation plunger was 5 mm shorter than the new part. Maybe mine was worn or they have modified it.

So in a nut shell. A lot of problems caused by a simple switch and easily and accurately diagnosed. So what I saved in labour and fault diagnostic charges has saved me in the future and it is multi car not just Benz.

Well I received my iCarsoft CR Plus Multi System & Multi Vehicle Diagnostic Tool this morning. Very easy piece of kit to use. Plugged it in as per instructions. Immediately in the codes stored was the "brake pedal switch".

I collected a new genuine part at £13.50 inc VAT. Fitted in under 10 minutes. Cleared the faults and re ran diagnostics. No more codes and all is well.

I did note the old switch activation plunger was 5 mm shorter than the new part. Maybe mine was worn or they have modified it.

So in a nut shell. A lot of problems caused by a simple switch and easily and accurately diagnosed. So what I saved in labour and fault diagnostic charges has saved me in the future and it is multi car not just Benz.

That's interesting. I have the same three faults showing on mine, had them for a while but they clear after a few miles so I've never bothered, especially since the MB near me wanted to change £500 for sensor purely on a guess. Might try the brake light switch then;)

I work up north so happy to meet and run it on my diagnostic tool. Mine used to come and go. The codes were logged so once changed and cleared all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom